XXVIII

"And then you move yer finger on the fourth fret," Jamie showed me the sixth string and I picked it. "Yeh, that's it!" he cheered and I started laughing.

"Monica knows 'ow to play Cryin' Lightnin'!" Jamie told Alex and Matt who had just came out of their dressing rooms.

"We might as well let yer play it on stage then," Matt laughed.

"Alright, Monkeys, you're out in 2!" a blonde woman yelled as she came out of a room.

"Are the girls coming?" I asked as I stood up from my seat.

"Yeh, but they're goin' to be a bit late. They decided to eat lunch at Santa Monica and now there's a lot of traffic," Nick informed me as he started fixing his hair in the mirror set next to me.

"I'll have to tolerate your awful music by myself then," I sighed dramatically and earned a laugh from them.

"Monkeys, you're out now!" the same woman yelled and made us jump.

Matt went out first, taking his seat on the drums and then Nick and Jamie followed, leaving me with Alex.

"You want your own applause, don't you," I shook my head with a smile and watched him laugh as he took his leather jacket off.

He was wearing a blue tank top underneath and a pair of black jeans. His black aviators in front of his face once again, covering his face.

I took the glasses off and placed them on top of my head, earning a confused look from him, and then ran my palm across his quiff, fixing a strand of hair that was popping out on his right side.

"Cheers, love," he smirked and looked down on me. I took a step closer and kissed his cheek, leaving a mark of my red lips on his left cheek. He was taken aback by my gesture and raised his eyebrow.

"Go!" I laughed and pushed him out on the stage. He laughed and went out waving at the crowd with a huge smile on his face as the crowd started cheering at the sight of him.

Ten minutes in the show, Breana, Katie and Elle arrived and found me singing along with Alex.

"Hey, you're not that late. They just started ten minutes ago," I greeted them and pulled them in for a hug.

"Miss Brea had the great idea to take us to Santa Monica for lunch and, obviously, there was a lot of traffic," Katie rolled her eyes, taking her coat off and hanging it.

Breana rolled her eyes in response and I laughed with Elle. They all came and stood next to me, linking our arms.

Alex would often look back at me with a smile whenever he'd play a solo and was able to move away from the microphone. They all looked like they really enjoyed themselves and the crowd was very lively.

"Why does Alex have a red mark on his face?" Breana questioned and squinted her eyes, trying to see clearer.

"That's your lipstick!" Elle exclaimed and pointed at me, making Katie and Breana look at me quickly and then back at Alex's cheek.

"You're overreacting," I rolled my eyes and kept my gaze on Alex who was singing 'Brianstorm' at the moment.

"So something is happening between you two! I knew it!" Elle threw her fists in the air and cheered.

"Nothing is happening!" I shot defensively and furrowed my eyebrows at her. 

"Explain the cheek then!" Katie yelled at me with a smile.

"It's just a kiss on the cheek! You and I all kiss each other on the cheek, it's not a big deal!" I explained, trying to hide my smile, and shook my head.

"Thank you very much, LA, you were great!" Alex finally stepped in front of the microphone and threw his hands in the air.

He blew a kiss with both his hands and waved at them as Jamie and Nick let their guitars on their stands and waved as well. Matt threw his drumsticks in the air and then caught them, hitting the drums once more before he waved as well.

"'Ey, you made it!" Matt threw his arms to his side and Breana ran to him, letting him drown her in his embrace. Jamie also hugged Katie and Nick rolled his eyes coming over to Elle and I to hug us together.

Alex and I exchanged a few looks and a smile throughout the whole thing but didn't speak to each other.

"Alreyt, there's a pub just down the street that we were all invited to after the show. Miles is goin' to be there as well," Matt explained, grabbing a towel off the small table next to him.

"Reyt, we just need to change," Jamie spoke, refering to him and the rest of the guys.

"Yeah, us too," I said, refering to Elle and I.

"Then we meet at the lobby at 12?" Alex suggested and we all agreed, nodding our heads.