XLV

A/N:
This turned out to be longer than planned since it's two chapters together, but I feel like I owe it to you all since I update, like, once a month.
Anyway, enjoy and stay safe.

28 June, 2013

Matt's POV:

"Alright, let's hope we don't fuck this up, eh?" Jamie chuckled, raising his glass as we were stood in our dressing room, deciding to drink one glass before going outside.

"Cheers!" we all laughed, hitting our glasses together before downing them instantly.

"Good luck, Helders," Breana whispered in my ear as she hugged me tightly. I attacked her lips with mine, holding her closer to me before pulling away and smiling at her.

"Love you," I whispered in her ear before kissing her on the forehead one more time.

"I'm in such a good mood today, I feel like I can perform twice and not get the bit tired," Alex sighed in satisfaction, fixing the collar of his suit as we walked closer and closer towards the stage. A faint sound of Jamie's ending riff was audible from a distance, and so was the crowd.

"That's the spirit," I smiled widely, side-hugging him before we exited the corridor and heard everything clearer now. The cameras would start recording from there, so we all got ourselves ready, walking up the stairs.

I got my seat on the drums and the others got their guitars, tapping on their pedals and all before the programmed riff ended and I broke into the drum part of the intro, with the others soon joining me.

"Have you got colour in your cheeks...?"

Monica's POV:

"Stop, I never said that!" Coralie exclaimed as we walked down the streets of New York.

"You did, last night!" I exclaimed back, making us erupt into laughter even harder.

Meeting each other after all those years had eventually lead to us out to celebrate. We talked about everything we'd missed in each other's lives as we had dinner at some restaurant the same night, and were now walking down the main road when our attention was caught by a bar full of laughter and barely audible music.

After a shared glance, we both got the message and entered the bar, excited with a couple of smiles on our faces, always hand-in-hand.

"Alright, everybody, this is their last song, shut up and let us listen!" a guy took a microphone in his hands and pointed at the TV beneath the bar. There was some sort of concert going on, and eveyrone seemed to be extremely excited over it.

A soft tune started, with everybody in the crowd clapping. We were now sat on top of some high stools, unable to look at the screen, as many people were blocking our view. Not thinking much of it, I ordered both our drinks and smiled at the bartender as he took off to make them.

"This is a nice place, isn't it?" Coralie called for me over the loud chatter, and I nodded, not wanting to ruin the peacefulness of the music.

I'm going back to 505

Wait.

If it's a seven hour flight or a forty-five minute drive
In my imagination, you're waitin' lyin' on your side
With your hands between your thighs

My eyes widened. I knew that voice a little bit too well...

"You okay?" she called for me, and I nodded quickly, before turning my head around and making a failed attempt to take a glipmse of the concert.