X

I hadn't heard from the Monkeys in nearly a week since we had all been busy. They were dealing with their music stuff and Elle and I had to work extra shifts in the bar and record store.

I was sitting behind the bar on a Friday night. Surprisingly, there weren't many people, so I had some time to sit on my phone behind the bar.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around frightened, thinking it was Makayla.

"You bastard, you scared the hell out of me," I hit his arm and let out a laugh.

"Excuse me for wantin' to surprise ye, I guess," he rolled his eyes dramatically and took a seat across me, on the other side of the bar.

The thought of him being there to pick Makayla up formed a knot in my stomach. "Here to pick Makayla up?" I wondered hesitantly with a forced smile.

"Who? Oh, no," he laughed. "I'm actually 'ere to pick you up," he took his coat off, revealing his black button-up that had a couple of buttons open. A gold chain was hanging from his neck and sparkled as the light above us hit it.

I felt a wave of relief wash over me and I exhaled without realising. "Me?" I laughed. "Why?"

"There's this event the lads and I were invited to and Jamie sent me to pick ya an' Elle up," he smirked.

"Well, that's really nice of you, Alexander, but I need to work until late," I pressed my lips in a line and leant forward on the bar, resting my elbows on the table between us.

"Oh, come on, can't that bloke over there cover for ye or summat?" he looked behind me at my coworkers. "There aren't even many people 'ere anyway," he shrugged and looked at me again.

After some seconds of eye contact and thought, I gave in. "Fine, let me just go and tell Elle," I dismissed myself.

Elle and I informed Marie, our coworker, that she'd need to cover for us and left the bar with Alex.

"Just drop us off at my apartment so we can change," Elle reminded him.

"Yeh, sure, we still 'ave time," he smirked at me before entering the car. Elle raised an eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes, entering the passenger's seat.

We drove to Elle's apartment, since it was closer and Alex decided to wait in the car for us, telling us not to be late.

"Fuck, Mon, you two can't stop flirting with each other," Elle groaned as we entered her apartment.

"The hell are you talking about? We're just friends," I furrowed my eyebrows at her as we walked over to her room.

"Yeah, right," she scoffed. "You two can't keep your eyes off each other," she rolled her eyes as I opened her closet, revealing all her dresses.

"Do you know what you're wearing?" I tried changing the subject.

"Don't change the subject, Monica!" she pointed at me with her index finger and furrowed her eyebrows. "Make a move tonight. He's clearly into you!"

"No," I replied flatly and got a black dress out of her closet, observing it.

"You're fucking stupid," she rolled her eyes and pulled out a red dress she was going to wear.

After around 30 minutes, I was finally ready and looked better than ever. I was wearing a tight black matte dress that reached my knees and a pair of black knee boots I found in Elle's closet. I had done my eyeliner and applied my usual burgundy lipstick. I had also picked out a pair of drop earrings from Elle's stuff and straightened my caramel hair.