Home is Wherever the Heck Nico is

I slept in late. Now, I don't mean 7 on a school day late. I mean two in the afternoon late. I blinked open my eyes. No one else was in the cabin. I mean building. I mean cohort. I mean... screw you proper names.

I took a quick shower and changed into a purple SPQR T-shirt, jeans and my black boots. I managed to untangle my hair, brush my teeth and look like I hadn't been dragged through the Sahara by my foot. I grinned at the air. My glasses were a little scratched up, but I could still see fine.

I finally left the... again, screw you proper names of places. Screw. You. I wandered around for a while before finding the dining pavillion. Percy, Annabeth and Nico were waiting for me. It had to be well past lunch, but they saved me a cheeseburger, a 3 Musketeers and a bottle of water. Percy even saved me a blue cookie.

I inhaled it all in about twenty seconds. "So." I finally gasped. "Where to?"

Nico looked at me. "Didn't you want to go home? To Texas?"

I shrugged. "Camp Half Blood is probably safer for me. And it's not like anyone will remember me."

Percy gave a shaky laugh. "Right. That whole incidence."

I sighed. "No fun. Either way, I wouldn't want to be apart from Ni- I mean, you guys."

Percy smirked. "Guessing you don't want me to mention that little scene?"

"Oh gods, don't even think about it." Nico fake moaned.

Annabeth smirked a little too. "How are we getting to Camp? And don't you dare say shadow travel, Nico." She said before Nico even opened his mouth.

"Spoil sport." He muttered.

"We could catch a train." I sugested.

Percy laughed. "Like that would work."

An hour later, we were New-York-bound in a train, a smug smile on my face.

"How will everyone react when we get home?" I asked.

Annabeth shrugged. "They've probably already burned our shrouds."

"Nah, they wouldn't count us out so quickly." Percy grinned.

"Five drachmas says Annabeth's right." I said recklessly.

Nico laughed. "Oh really? Ten says Percy is."

Annabeth groaned. "Don't you two dare start bickering."

We chattered ambly the rest of the way there. There wasn't a single monster attack. Nothing went wrong. Maybe the universe was finally giving us a break!

Or maybe it's just waiting for us to let our guard down, so it can surprise us with something awful.

There's my cheerful thought for the day. I scolded myself.

The most eventful thing that happened was when a girl walked up to me and commented on my Camp Jupiter shirt. I looked at the other, conveying the simple message: fangirl.

The train finally rolled into Grand Central Station. We stopped by Sweet on America, the candy shop where Percy's mom worked. She was more than excited to see us and treated us to free blue candy.

It was about seven in the morning, New York time. We had left at about 3:30 pm, California time. Uhg, why do time differences have to exist? They make travel a headache.

Anyway, we had to walk to Camp, which sucked. When we finally crossed the boundry line, I was about ready to drop. 

Will was on guard duty, which I found strange, since the last time I had seen him he was a cat. He yelped when he saw me.

"My gods, don't freaking ever turn me into a cat again!" He yelled, trying and failing to look angry. "It took a week for the magic to wear off!"

"Darn, it's not permanent." I said. Will tried for a scowl. Yah, he doesn't do angry very well. 

"And you!" He yelled at Nico. "Where the Hades have you been for the past month! If this was some sort of sick joke..."

"Dude, chill." Percy laughed.

"Don't even get me started on you! We've already burned the shrouds!"

I punched Nico's shoulder. "Haha, you owe me five drachmas!"

Will rolled his eyes. His gaze landed on my shoulder. "A slash from a Keres?" He asked. "Looks like I need to rephrase my question: where in Hades have you been?"

"One, how did you know it was from a Keres?" I asked. "Two... we've been in Tartarus."

Will blinked like he'd been slapped. "What?"

Annabeth sighed. "We've been in Tartarus."

Will blinked again. "What?"

"Oh boy, this might take a while." I sighed. "You see, Will, Tartarus is where the monsters go when you kill them."

"I know what Tartarus is." He snapped. "It's just... oh my gods, are you okay?!?!?!"

Nico groaned. "You are not dragging me to the infirmary."

Will rolled his eyes. "Come on you four. Seems like you need to have a chat with Chiron."

~~~

Whoop whoop! That's five!

Kahlan: that's a wrap, people!

I'd like to thank Pshyco, DJ Skibblez, Funsize-Eri-Ritz, and the rest of the Mathcounts crew! I'd also like to thank Alphia_Arkaik (Arky). She's gonna co-author from this point on. Erin is her character (but Erill is my ship)!

Erin: I'd like to say-

Arky: Hey, you're not supposed to be here yet! 

Me: Next chapter. Promise... maybe.

Kahlan: Hey, I know Erin!

Authors: We know. ^.^

Kahlan: O.O

Buh bia! XD