Untitled Part 25

I don't remember falling asleep, but I remember Nico waking me up.

"Wha?" I asked drowsily.

"Chiron's arranged for Argus to pick us up."

"We're here?"

"Yes." Will rolled his eyes. "Now hurry up!"

Erin walked beside me through the crowded airport, looking and listening at all the people. We got to the camp van- one of three, white, with the "Delphi Strawberry Fields" logo on the side. Argus was at the wheel. He gave us a nod.

"Shot-meow!" Nico started to say. That was, before I turned him into his adorable black cat form.

"Shotgun." I said innocently. Nico glared at me. I hate you, he said.

"Hate ya too." I said, ruffling the fur between his ears.

Will and Erin got into the back seat and I picked up Nico, throwing him back there with them.

Some point during the ride, I looked back, thinking maybe I should change him back. Erin was holding him and scratching behind his ears. I decided he could stay a cat for a while.

The ride to camp was uneventful, and when we got there, Chiron and Percy were waiting for us at the gate.

"Kahlan, if you please turn Mr. di Angelo back, I'm sure he would appreciate it."

Erin put Nico down. With some concentration, Nico was back to his old self.

Erin ran over to Percy and hugged him as tightly as she could. "I'm sorry you had to had to go through that." She whispered. A tear slid down her cheek. Percy hugged her back.

Now Percy tried to play big brother. "If it weren't for you and your stupid boyfriend going after those stupid idiots, I'd be back in college."

"Hey, it's Will's fault!"

Now Percy played big brother to me. "You... don't you ever get kidnapped again!"

"Oh, yah, because we had a choice. The monsters just walked up and were like 'Hey, you wanna get kidnapped?' And we were like 'Sure, we have nothing better to do!'"

Erin pulled away from Percy and said, "You know what big brother?"

"What?" Percy asked.

"I think you've got... a monkey on your back!" She jumped on his back, latching on. Percy laughed. "Why, you little-" He smiled, reaching around trying to dislodge her.

Chiron laughs. "It's nice to see you happy again." He says to Percy.

"Awwwww, did you miss me, big brother?"

"I missed Kahlan too!"

"How could you not! She's awesome!" Erin tapped the back of his head.

"It's true," I say. "I am."

"See? See?" Erin asked. "It's okay. I missed you too."

"Ok! Ok!" Percy shouted, laughing. Erin had started tickling him. "Oh, my gods, stop!"

She hopped off his back and turned to me. "Can we talk?"

I'm scared.

--

Erin and I walked towards the lake. "I'm so sorry!" She says quickly, and pulls me into a hug.

"Um... why?"

"I know this is going to sound crazy, but later we're going to go on a quest, and we're going to be cornered."

"I believe you." I whispered.

"I see what you do and I'm asking you not to. Trust that you will find me again, and I may not be in very good shape, but I will get better."

"I don't understand."

"I know you don't now, but you will later. After it happens. Oh, and please don't cry once I'm gone. I'm still going to be there for you in essence, but..."

"Wait... Erin, you're my best friend. I need you."

"I'm not going to die." She assured me. "Don't tell Percy any of this. He won't let me go, and you'll need me on the mission. Do it. Swear on the Styx."

"I..." I gulp. "I promise not to tell Percy. I swear it on the Styx."

"Thank you so much." She breathed.

Suddenly, I got a mind call from Arartic. A boy just crossed over the borders, led by a cat who claims he smelled like a demigod and faintly of you. Shall I eat him?

No! No! Don't eat him, I'll be right there.

"I gotta go." I told Erin awkwardly.

"Okay." She said, disappointed. I ran to find Arartic and that demigod.

--

Camp Entrance. Really, I shouldn't be surprised.

"What the crap?" I whispered under my breath when I saw the boy. Arartic was on top of him. "What. The. Crap."

I approached him. "Kimble?" Nevermind, Arartic. Eat him.

"Uhhhh... can you call off your cat?" He asked worriedly.

I smiled. "You mean Arartic? She's just a little cranky because her usual playmate is busy."

"Oh, my gods what is Kimble doing here?" Erin whined, coming out of the woods.

I turned around. "So when Bryce shows up- yawn. But when Kibble shows up..."

"Wha-wait." Kimble says. "Who's Arartic's playmate? And Bryce is here? Erin, what are you doing here? What am I doing here? WHERE IS THIS PLACE?!"

I roll my eyes. "This is Camp Half-Blood. We are demigods. Learn something, puny mortal!" I will admit, saying that was kinda fun.

Erin rushes him with her staff and whacks him upside the head with it. He goes down, collapsing to the ground.

"Not a mortal." She says.

Then it clicked. Kibble, here, demigods, and evil spirits bent on becoming the king of the gods. "Gods..." I whispered. "Skibblez can't be here. Get him out. NOW!"

Erin looked confused. "What?"

"Just get him out of here!"

Erin raised her stick.

"Woah, wait! WHat are you doing! We can't just kill him!" I cocked my head. "Can we?"

I don't know what we would have done on our own. Stupid idiot Percy came along.

"What are you two doing?" He demanded.

Erin shuffled her feet. "Well, we were most certainly NOT contemplating murder."

Percy shook his head. "You two are both grounded."

"You can't ground me!" Erin whined. "You will not ground me!"

Percy's eyes glazed over. "I will not ground you." He blinked. "What? How did you..." Percy raised his hands in a gesture that could have been 'I give up' or 'why me'.

~~~

Again, with the short chapters. Man, I go through my draft and I realize... "wow, that was stupid and unnecessary." Meh, whatever. DJ Skibblez in da house, y'all!!! *disco ball drops from ceiling*

Buh bia! XD