Erin's Aftermath

When I opened my eyes, I was dreaming.

Dang it.

A women was coming towards me. Instantly, I knew who she was. I will say it again- DANGIT!

"Aphrodite." I barely managed to keep from growling. "The goddess of love."

I hate her. I hate her I hate her I hate her. I could never say this to her face, but I did. I hated her. Want in on a little secret? My parents are divorced. So that explains why I'm not exactly fond of miss Love-and-Doves.

"Oh, Kahlan! Just look at you! Such an excellent story- I mean, young lady." Aphrodite smiled. I resisted the urge to punch her in the face.

In the least rude manner I could manage, I asked, "Can you tell me why Nico and Will just tried to kill each other or are you just going to stand there lookin' pretty and doin' your nails?"

Aphrodite beamed. "Oh, just some possessing spirits. They'll be absolutely fine! We're here to talk about you."

No thank you, I thought. Why is this crazy person bothering me so freaking much?

With all my intense focus, I managed to wake myself up. It was easy. One word: 250.

Chiron tells me I was only asleep for 10 minutes. The weight of all this comes crashing down on me and I don't want to have to do anything else tonight. So I run.

Funny how sometimes adults have your best interests at heart. I curl up in my bed in my cabin and cried myself to sleep. No more annoying goddesses came into my mind.

---

I woke up and for three blissful seconds didn't remember last night. Then it hit me like a wave. I got ready for the day as quickly as I could, scarfed down breakfast as fast as I could and bolted to the infirmary.

This really nice Apollo camper pointed me in Nico's direction. Nico was concious, which was nice. He was also not dead. Very good.

I looked about three beds down. It was Will, and Erin was talking to him. I choose to ignore them for the time being and grin at Nico.

"Hey." He said, pushing himself up a bit. His right arm was wrapped in bandages. I felt a twinge of guilt. Could I have possibly prevented that?

"Hey." I say, trying not to stare at the bandages.

Erin came by, her eyes red.

"Erin." Nico said. "I'm really sorry I nearly killed your boyfriend."

"Don't be. I'm sorry he maimed you." She paused. "And he's not my boyfriend. He nearly committed murder. Actually, he did. He kill me. Get better soon, Nico." And she left.

Standing in the doorway was Hazel. "Nico." She breathed. 

"I'll... just go now..." I stumbled backwards.

"Tell your stupid cat to stay off me. I don't think I could take it." Nico muttered.

I smiled and walked off. I had a pretty good idea where she was, I just needed to grab something quick.

I dropped by the Posiedon cabin. Thank the gods, Percy was there. "Heya, Perce. Need ya real quick."

I took him to the lake. Just as I suspected, Erin was at the bottom. I pointed at her. "Fetch." I told Percy.

"I'm not a dog." He said, crossing his arms.

"She broke up with Will. Fetch or you get to deal with your sister." I paused. "And her," I cringed for effect. "Emotions."

Percy held up his hands in surrender. "I'm a fetchin', I'm a fetchin'."

He dove into the lake. I saw him briefly struggle with Erin, then helpfully point up to me. She seemed to laugh and swam up to the surface with him. 

Percy let after they surfaced. "I have stuff to do. See ya."

Percy left without another word. That left me and Erin, standing by the lake.

"Come here." I said, opening my arms. She leaned into my hug. "I'm just tired." She sighed, looking at me with sad eyes. "I'm tired of being tired."

Apparently she wasn't tired enough. She punched me in the jaw, hard.

"Geez!" I yelped. "Are you trying to put me in the infirmary next to Nico?!"

"Sorry, I just- urg! I can't believe Will would- agh!"

She began to cry.

"Hey, it's okay." I soothed. "Okay?"

"Okay." She wiped her tears away. "I-I'm sorry I punched you."

"Will is a jerk." I say. "He doesn't deserve my awesome best friend."

She laughed, but it broke off into a sad sounding giggle. "You know what? Thirty thousand and eighteen years and no one has ever kissed me. Not once. They've abandoned me, betrayed me, but never once loved me enough to give me a kiss and tell me they love me. I just hate myself for thinking that Will would be any different." She paused and hugged me closer. "Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" She started hitting her head against my shoulder.

"Ow. Ow. Ow. You're going to put me in the infirmary!"

We laughed at that and sat by the lake. Erin cheered up a little. "You're a good friend."

"You're an even better one."

She started to tear up.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing, that just really hurt my head."

~~~

Ha ha aha. FILLER CHAPTER. Ok it was important. But techinacally this was supposed to be connected to the last one so... yolo.

I'm using my dad's Mac and I'm more of a PC person. So this is bugging me. But I can't figure out how to work the autocorrect, so I'm positive I spelled at least three words wrong. YOLO

So I've decided I'll force myself to find ways to update during July, so good for you guys.

For the bajillionth time, please please please PLEASE check out my other stories! I love all of them and my favorite OC EVER is coming soon(ish) and I'm just super psyched for everything. So much reading, writing, no school. And food. This is my dream.

Buh bia! XD