I'm Sorry, This is Too Weird for a Proper Title

I woke to the faint sound of crying. Peaking my eyes open, I saw Erin and Will sitting at the dining room table, right across from my couch/bed. I shut my eyes quickly.

"Erin, please calm down. It's okay." Will said. I kept quiet, hoping they wouldn't here my change in breathing.

"No." Erin sobbed, sounding tired and broken. "It's not, Will. You can't." I had to resist from getting up and helping console her.

"Please let me try." With Will's final plea, Erin broke down completely, sobbing quietly into his shoulder.

I heard Will patting her back, humming something into her ear. Her sobbing gradually ceased, replaced by a soft snoring sound. "Kahlan." He said. "I know you're awake."

"What was that about?" I asked, propping myself up on my elbow.

"She might be upset if I told you."

I nod and decide to change the subject. "Where's Nico?" I ask.

"He went to get breakfast." He rubbed Erin's back. Silence. "Thanks for not prying."

I got up and sat across from him at the table. He brushed a loose strand of hair out of Erin's face.

"You know, she really loves you." I said.

"How do you know?"

"She's my best friend. I can just... tell."

"Neither of us have said it yet though." He whispered, gazing down at her. He gently kissed her forehead before continuing. "I'm... She's... I really want to tell you, but-"

"Go ahead." Erin murmered. "I give you permission." She drifted back to sleep, snuggling into Will.

Her light snoring fills the silence.

"She knows what..." Will stopped, rephrasing what he was about to say in his head. "She knows what's going to happen in the future." He paused again. "She won't tell me all of it, but she's so scared." He paused once more, his voice full of agony. "We were awake in that jar for... gods know how long. We were just... waiting. Every night, she would have nightmares. Or, rather, one." A diamond tear rolled down his cheek. "Sometimes, she would wake me up because she was screaming in her sleep and I would have to shake her awake. Sometimes, she didn't wake up, no matter how much noise I made, or how much I shook her. It really..." He cleared his throat. "It really scared me. Then one day, she woke up. And she grabbed her staff- and she started banging on the jar. It shattered. And I thought she was crazy for a little until we found you. The rest, you know. You can't tell anyone. Not even Percy. Promise."

"I won't tell a soul." I promised.

"Good, because telling souls stuff is my thing." Nico came in, closing the door behind him. He had a plastic bag, like from Walmart. "Also, what are we talking about?"

"Nothing!" Me and Will said at once.

"Woooooow, you two aren't being suspicious at all." Nico said, sarcasm thick in his voice. He held out his grocery bag. "Pine gave me a couple cups of ramen noodles, some brownies and some kinda Starbucks looking mugs of hot chocolate."

Granted, I had never had a breakfast of ramen noodles, brownies and hot chocolate. But it still tasted amazing.

"The plane leaves in an hour, so we better go." Nico said, tossing his trash in the garbage bin. "Everyone."

"Let's not wake up Erin." Will suggested. We muttered agreement. A van was waiting in front of the cabin. A beefy security guard in a black tax was leaning against the side of the car.

Nico got shotgun, much to my annoyance. He was gonna pay for that later.

I traced patterns in the window during the ride. Thick white snow gathered outside. Man, I loved Colorado.

We got our tickets when we got to the airport- first class. Erin was still asleep. I reclined back in my seat. I got window seat, because I'm epic. Nico was beside me, and Will and his girlfriend (oh, neither of them are denying it) sat behind us.

I closed my eyes and eased back into my chair. Six to ten hours of no monsters, no Setne and no threats of an ending world. Am I over stating first class? Yes I am.

~~~

Yah, long wait, disappointing chapter. I know, I suck. I want to take this opportunity to encourage you to read my other books while you're waiting for this trainwreck.

Also, I don't like the new wattpad writing tool. :P

Buh bia! XD