Short and Not Sweet

Erin was at lunch. She was just in clothes that fir, with an orange camp tee and dark skinny jeans. She was even wearing a pair of black converse.

Will's mouth feel open. I wondered what he was going to say. Maybe 'wow' or 'hmhmanhm'.

Afterwards, we all gathered to talk of things of great importance. Like the quest. I think that's important.

"So where do we go for the quest?" I asked.

Erin shrugged. "I don't know. Let's just go wherever the wind blows."

"What is that supposed to-"

Erin wrapped up all in a hug and we melted into shadows.

I tried to think straight. What the-

There was a weird ding. The four of us tumbled out into some kind of frost covered field. I couldn't question Erin about her newfound shadow travel powers, because in about three heartbeats, we were surrounded by a legion of monsters.

We stood up and fell into a defensive circle, weapons pointed at the sea of monsters. Wait... oh, ha ha, Percy Jackson reference. Sorry. Continue.

"Remember what I told you, Kahlan?" Erin whispered so Will and Nico couldn't hear. "I can send you back. Don't ask how I know, but this is a fixed point in time. This has to happen. I have to be captured."

"Erin... no..." My voice barely worked.

Erin stepped forward. "Take me. I'm the one he wants."

Erin spread her arms and began to glow. A symbol glowed above her head, and some part of me saw what if stood for. Alicreature.

Erin turned to me and said. "I need your permission to help you. Kahlan?"

"Erin..." I choked out. "I... give you permission. See you later, mate."

Then there was light.

~~~

I promised myself I wouldn't update anything else anymore unless I updated Black Cat first. But I'm thinking of deleting this. My writing from sixth grade SUCKED.

Oh well.

Buh bia! XD