BOYS STOP IT!!

"You. Know. What." Percy said between grit teeth. "Piper and some others are in the arena. So, let's go!" He put on a totally fake smile and dragged us to the sword arena.

Nico was there, along with Piper, her boyfriend Jason, Will and our totally cool (not) new friend Psycho... I mean Bryce.

Piper was saying something to me, but I had kinda tuned out. What were those two dark blobs in the sky? Why did Erin have her hand raised?

"Kahlan!" Piper yelled, snapping her fingers in front of my face. "Pay attention!"

"I don't want to!" I whined, darting behind Erin. "You can't make me!!"

Erin dropped her hand for a second to glare at me, and the two blobs in the sky fell, screaming. They froze ten feet above the ground for two seconds, long enough for me to recognize them. "Kimble and Andrew?"

"Oh crap!" Erin yelled. With her hand raised again, the boys shot skyward.

"What the-" Nico started to say.

He shot skyward as well. And then all three began to fall.

Erin caught them all about two inches before they hit the ground and then dropped them with a thump.

Then she fell to her knees, "No! No! No! No! Noo!"

Setne's voice replaced her's. "Yes." He was laughing for a brief second before Erin was screaming.

"Gods, not again!" Percy yelled, drawing Riptide. Jason, Nico and Will pulled out their weapons. Notice, I did not. Mostly because I would have found a way to impale myself.

Erin, straining to breathe, created an ice shield around her, like a dome, as Percy and Will ran to her. Nico grabbed the untrained Andrew and shoved him behind his back. I did the same for Kimble. Now I drew my weapon, seeing as I had someone beside myself to protect.

"What the heck is going on?" Kimble yelled from behind me. "I mean, I knew she was mental, but not that  mental! She needs some tissues for her issues!"

"Shut up, Kimble." I growled. "Jason! Piper! Protect Bryce!" Because that's the kind of incredibly detailed plans I make.

The ice shield around Erin exploded into tiny shards, firing outwards. They stopped at the last moment. One was three centimeters from my throat. Then they reversed direction and impaled Erin.

"Erin!" Will, Percy and I screamed in unison. I stared in shock as blood pooled around her. I could hear Kimble's rapid breath behind me and I could tell he was shaking.

"What on earth is her problem?!?" Andrew yelled, eyes wide.

"Shut up, Posey!" I growled. "Unless you want to arrange a meeting with Hades."

Don't ask why. I'm usually pretty calm with everyone, but Andrew just grinds my gears anytime he says anything.

I walked over to Erin, dropping to my knees beside her. Kimble came up to me, pulled me up, made me face him and put his forehead against mine.

He then proceeded to yell at me at the top of his lungs.

"WHAT THE HECK JUST HAPPENED TO HER?!?!?!?!?!?!?? YOU JUST... AND SHE... AND THEN... WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!"

"Kahlan?" Erin rasped. I immediately pushed Kimble back and leaned over Erin. "Yah?"

Her voice was less than a breath. "Beware the fangs of Apothis."

And then she died.

"Well," Percy said. "I am thoroughly confused, so... anyone mind explaining?"