The Dawn of Divergent. chapter 10. The Doctor lies

The Doctors P.O.V
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    I walk around the office looking around for something to do, someone notices me,and I pretend like I'm getting some coffee. Tasting it then spitting it out rudely without meaning to because of the taste "oh! Yuck!" the candor person comes up to me "Yeah. Somebody must have put dog crap in the coffee today. Tastes awful."

"It is.. quite awful."  I stick out my tounge a few times trying to get the taste off of it "anything else to drink really need to get that taste out of my mouth."

He grins "We have ice cream. Vanilla." I grin widely "Ooh!" I rub my hands together in excitement "show me where." he  unlocks the fridge "Help yourself. But don't eat it all. There's a shortage-- this guy ate almost our entire stash. And... what, in the name of sanity, is wrapped around your neck? It looks like you're trying to strangle yourself."

      "It's a bowtie."  I straighten it "bow ties are cool." I say and  start scooping some icecream into a small bowl once I had got two scoops it close it and find a seat. Hoping I don't get in trouble by not working or something. Not sure I know what to do, in the first place that is.. he laughs. Disgusting coffee squirts out of his nose a little. "Cool? Ha. Right."  "But It is cool."  I say slightly offended. He snorts "Whatever. You must be from another planet if you honestly think that's cool." I ignore his comment  takeing a bite of icecream confused by them not liking bowties. He tries to make conversation  "You've got to be pretty self-confident to fit in around here... uh, what's your name?" "Uh. John smith. I'm new here."  I finish the icecream then speak. He stares at me "You don't look new. How old are you?"

         "Uh.. 45?"  I straighten my bowtie. He looks at me "And you say... you're new to the faction." "Um well newer.. " I start walking backwards, not knowing what else to say. He looks me over"You're either clueless, or you're lying. Because you would be new if you were sixteen. You're 45, and I don't even think you're being honest about that. So would you like to tell me what you're hiding now, or would you like to be forced?"

my eyes get wide and I think about what Dawn said about they honor honestly. Bad mix for me. They would tell if I'm lying, I back up "umm. Maybe it's time I..."  I back up more "leave." I finish and   take off running in the opposite direction heading for the exit. I reach the exit and I shake on the door seeing it's locked I try to pull out my sonic but before I do they stop me, I had stalled too much.

           He stares at my sonic "what's that?" I come up with a quick lie "It's a... really..big. pen! Yes. Pen."  I put it away then turn my attention to them seeing as they got me cornered. "Pen!" He snorts "My arse. What is it really?" I decide to be honest but not telling all of the information "Something you wouldn't begin to understand. Makes a lot of noise." He continues seeing through my clever lie "I would be able to understand if you would tell me what it was instead of sneaking around like the liar you are." I close my mouth "right... caught that I was lying well. You really wouldn't understand. It's super advanced and such."  I pull it out having a plan to use it to get away having the advantage of them not knowing what it does. "Erudite tech? You know how Jeanine's been working on that top secret project. I, for one, would like to know what it is."

           I listened to what he said "top secret project? Ooh sounds exciting. More exciting then this place. Dispite having ice cream." He continues "I, for one, would like to expose it. Leaders shouldn't hide things like that." I continue "You are correct. So if they are hiding something they must have a reason for it. So do you know anything about this jeannie? She's in the erudite faction so I don't know much about her."  calms myself asking them casually. "She's probably the coldest person i have ever met. We went to school together. I transfered to Candor partially to get away from her, because I couldn't stand how secretive and manipulative she was." he explained.  "Manipulative? How so?"  I look at him, trying to get as much information as I can, knowing katrina is in the same faction as her, i want to know if she's safe. He shakes his head "She is a strange bird. Treats everything like an experiment, constantly manipulating variables and milking everyone and everything for information."

             "Hmm."  I think about it that personality reminding me of someone I know but can't remember right then and there "interesting. Sounds like she is hiding something."   "You're hiding something again. You used to know her too, didn't you."He presse me to answer him. "Perhaps... I think but I do know a lot of people."  I grin at them casually in my normal way."You can't grow up in this city and not know her." he states. "Hmm then she's one of the leaders then thanks I will keep that in mind. Now I'm afraid I've got to go."  I back up towards the door pulling out my sonic again. He stares at it. "And you're going to unlock the door... with a pen?"

"Well yes."  I turn towards them in one quick movement "well must run. Oh and sorry for this."  turns on sonic emitting a ear splitting noise then uses it on the door and runs out "got to go find Dawn....