Nine: ~Realizations~

"Good morning." The deep voiced man said once George opened his eyes. Dream.

George looked around the room, knowing he wasn't in the forest anymore but back in his room. "Why are we back here?"

He was shaken up, hands fidgety. "You hit your head pretty bad and I, I had to take you back."

Feeling the top of his head, he knew that the cloth was used for. He knew that his head started to bleed, not knowing the amount of blood he lost. "How did I hit my head, I can't remember anything except for leading the horses over to the river."

There was silence for a few minutes before Dream spoke, voice shaking the entire time. "We um, I got upset and ended up grabbing your shirt. And I didn't realize you were off the ground and when you talked back, I- I let go."

"You got mad at me for talking back, for speaking my mind and you almost killed me." George's voice began to grow of anger.

He's never heard Dream stutter this much, knowing deep down he didn't mean to but he didn't want to be around him right now. "I- I'm sorry George, I- I didn't mean too. It just took me by surprise."

"Just leave the room please. Now." George was on the verge of tears.

\\\

I knew I made him upset, who knows if he'll even forgive me. Something about him makes me heart ache now that he wants me gone.

"Just leave the room please. Now." His face grew red, tears forming in his eyes.

"I- I'm sorry."

It replayed over and over again in his mind, to see George laying there helplessly.

Tears were heading down his cheek as his eyes grew redder. "Please go Dream."

Dream left the room, closing the door behind him. Do I stay by the door? He doesn't want me around, I'll get Sam to guard the door.

He went down the stairs once more and traded places with Sam by the throne, waiting for the Kings arrival. Sam didn't question him, immediately heading up the stairs.

"Dream, nice to see you back by my side but may I ask why?" Eret was walking towards the throne with Punz walking beside him, stopping by the entrance.

"George didn't want me beside him right now, not after what happened." Dream had taken off his mask, face red and on the verge of tears.

"Elaborate what happened will you." Eret was confused as to what happened when just the other night they were laughing their hearts out.

"I- I got upset for no reason whatsoever, grabbed the collar of his shirt and started yelling at him."

The king nodded. "Continue"

"He yelled back and I let go....he hit his head on the ground and went unconscious. I had to find someone to help me since I wasn't close enough to either a village or your kingdom." He covered his mouth with his left hand, trying his hardest not to let out a cry.

"I see."

Both stood in silence until the King broke it.

"I can tell theres something going on with the two of you. It's something I've never seen on you." Eret spoke as he headed to the throne to sit.

Crossing his arms, he asked a question. "And what's that?"

He smiled when he talked, as if he loved this topic. "Happiness. Genuine happiness and worrisome. George makes you feel something that I haven't seen anyone else do to you."

"Fundy makes me feel joy and worrisome as much as the next person."

"That's your problem Dream, you're relating Fundy to every other person." He didn't know what to say because he was right. There was something about George that no ones been able to provide him with for awhile. "If I were you Dream, I'd go back and talk to him."

"I'll get Sam to come back- " Dream started to speak once more before Eret cut him off.

"Don't worry about it Dream, I have Punz here with me."

Running up the stairs, he told Sam to head back down as he opened the door. "George I need to tell you somethi-"

He was gone, nowhere in the room and the window was broken.

///

Would it even be a bad thing to want to go back. It was nice at first, being treated as royalty. Having a good laugh for a few hours, having a friend within those hours. George didn't know what to do even if he did want to go back, he wasn't even sure how he got here.

George heard the sound of Dreams shoes hitting the stairs as he ran down, him immediately heading to the bed.

The only thing I still remember from when I was in England, was driving in the rain. Next thing I know, I'm in the forest. No explanation, no anything. Just a bright light.

Now it's as if I'm stuck here.

I wonder if heading back to the forest would do anything. Would it take me back?

I guess it's better being bored and alive then dead while in the past.

Who even knows, I might die tonight depending on the head injury.

Starting to think of it, I still don't even know what period this is.

I regret not paying attention to history in school, it always bored me. Who would've thought I'd need it.

George heard more footsteps heading up the stairs, calmly and steady. It didn't sound like they were in a rush so it couldn't have been Dream, probably Sam or Punz.

Do you think they'd hear the window being broken? Not seeing anything at that moment, he just used his fist. He broke the window and looked out, the sun still wasn't out and neither were the people. Thank god.

He walked out the window, seeing he was atleast three levels before ground.

It took him a few minutes before he saw an easy way down, a slim ledge that lead to a pole.

He took his time, not wanting to fall, and eventually got there in ten minutes or slightly less.

He walked along the path and saw that Fundy wasn't there, not even knowing where the horses were. I guess we're going on foot.

Walking towards the entrance of the Kingdom, he forgot about the large metal gate.

He completely forgot about the gatesmen guarding the door.

_______________________________

-Word Count- 1076