57

Once again, a chapter is dedicated to the people who really helped me get this far in ASSAULTED, and this particular gal deserves this chapter dedication for helping me first form the idea and then the name of the book. Shout out to you, blackheart126! I love you, Dami. 💖💖💖

SCARLETT

The drive to the safehouse lasted at least an hour. The area was deeply encased in the woods, and had an iron gate entrance before we drove up yo the main house.

I had been really tempted to see how fast my baby could go but I knew we needed to get to the safehouse quickly. Well, that and Rick had planned with the men to drive before and behind me so I couldn't exactly zoom off without some altercation.

As we drove up to the safehouse, I was able to see the building more clearly and it was beautiful. The structure was a small bungalow but looked wide and long enough to fit all of us and more. It was white and had thick glass covering every inch of it. I could tell the glass had to be highly tempered to withstand bullets. I also couldn't see behind the open glass and into the house so I figured it went one-way. Good for us.

The cars circled around and rode into a garage

The cars circled around and rode into a garage. I followed suit, parking a little off to the side so I would be able to easily maneovear out in case of anything. I still had a niggling worry about the whole thing. I picked up one duffel bag from my back seat, the other one filled with weapons while the one I picked up had a few clothes and about three guns and another three grenades.

"Scarlett?," Rock called as I stepped out and locled up my baby. He signaled me to come over and I did, walking over to where he stood beside an open door that led into the main house. The other men seemed to have already gone in.

"Damon wanted me to give you a rundown on the layout of the safehouse. Said it might probably help your anxiety," Rock smiled as we passed through the door, closing it behind ourselves.

I smiled back at him, "Cute, isn't he?"

Rock only chuckled, shaking his head, "Most of the main structure is made of highly tempered glass and is resistant to bullets but it's also one-way, so we see out but they can't see in."