14

Was listening to this song as I was writing^^^^

Fetish by Selena Gomez....

****************

The woman on my right reminded me of Ana. She was older and looked just as kind. Her red dress went with the dull blue of her husband's suit. The old man had white hair, but still looked regal and put together.

A woman's touch, I thought.

The woman introduced herself as Delilah Aoron, she was an aunt to the famous doctor that was holding the donations. Delilah talked a lot, mentioning her children, her husband's old habits, her soon to be delivered grandchild.

In another way, she reminded me of my mother.

Mama was the kindest soul ever. And she had always lit up the room, no matter where she was. Her smile had been brilliant and she always made you feel special. And she had been as strict as she was kind. Joe had sometimes told me stories of how she ordered the men around the estate. She had known a lot about Papa's business and had helped him all the way. She was the reason behind most of his successful business deals. Delilah reminded me of that tiny ferocity Mama had carried in all my little memories of her.

In a long time, my heart ached thinking of Mama.

But I stopped myself from wishing she was alive. Wishes never came true. I'd learnt that as a seven year old. So instead, I focused my mind on Delilah and her current story of her first two kids when they were little.

"Those twins were trouble makers through and through. Hard to believe they're both married now. I am really excited to meet my new grandson."

I was quite immersed in Delilah's talk, until a man came and took the empty seat on the other side of Edward. I quickly refocused on Edward and the man. I remembered him. He was one of the first men Edward had talked to when we arrived. Edward continued on his phone, but it was obvious that he had noticed the man's presence. I watched from the corner of my eye as the man turned to Edward and shook his hand, making it look like they were exchanging pleasantries. His voice came through the speaker in my ear, "Boss heard you cancelled out on the meeting."

Edward nodded, "Got some business to attend to here."

The man smiled at the stage and clapped with others when a particular donation was settled on, "Hope you're not going behind the Boss' back. He'll have your head."

From my seat, I felt him quake slightly, "Of course not. This doesn't relate to him. My ma wants to visit. Tell the Boss that."

The man faced Edward this time and stared hard at his face, before nodding, "I believe you. Pray the Boss does. Where's the case file?"

"Outside, in my car. When do I deliver?"

The man stared at his wristwatch, "Samson should be excusing himself right about ... now."

At that moment, Samson Bullock stood, kissed the head of the women beside him. Two men stood and flanked him immediately as he started walking to the back entrance.

"You'll meet him in two minutes. I'll be taking a different exit to meet you at the parking lot."

Edward checked the time on his phone and nodded. Before the man stood, he looked around and gave signal to a man in black a couple tables away. Edward's phone vibrated on the table almost immediately. The man leaned down and whispered, "A little something from the Boss."

Edward smiled broadly and the man walked away. I kept my eyes on his figure and watched him walk to the back of the large hall, just where the shadows were. He looked around, before pushing aside the wall and walking through.