33

Matt had the biggest grin on his face.

Mike had the hardest glare on his face.

I waited for his answer.

He kept his even stare on me.

"What exactly is the profit of allowing you into our murder. We are men. You are one girl. What could you possibly-"

"The Delli's," I stated simply.

That got everyone to sit up. I watched his eyes flash dangerously as he moved forward and laid his hand on the table, "How do you know about-"

I rolled my eyes, "Oh, come on. I was here for two weeks, you don't expect me to not have gone for a little sightseeing."

He flexed his jaw. Before he could speak again, Matt interrupted, "What exactly do you know?"

I narrowed my eyes at his question, "That the two of you have been rivals for years. Quite stupid if you ask me because out of the two of you, this mafia has better ammunition. There was a clash recently and it's obvious you guys haven't paid revenge only because you don't know where to find them."

There was silence in the room. I turned to him. He had visibily calmed down as he listened to me.

"They've disappeared. I scoff to that. No one can disappear. And even if they do, I can still find them."

"A little overconfident, are we?," Rock finally spoke up. I turned to him.

"You underestimate me when you can't even hack onto a little girl's profile. Just so you know, I personally set up that firewall."

Rock's eyes widened, "That's impossible. The MK-14 firewall cannot possibly be maneovured unless you-"

"Unless you had a hand in manufacturing it," My eyes gleaner as I continued for him, "Which in this case, I am the maker of the world's strongest firewall. Not so much of a little girl now, am I?"

The stunned silence in the room showed that none of this was expected at all. Mike, however ruined the aura of awe surrounding the room.

"Doesn't mean much, though. You're only still just a hacker."

"Really?," I rose an eyebrow. I turned to Rock and asked for his laptop, "May I?"

He slid it over to me, still in shock. I looked over at the name search he had on. I cracked my fingers as I tapped up to the hacker and made my way through the firewall I'd made and knee inside out. It didn't take up to two minutes when I had my profile before me. I was well known in underground and this profile contained everything everyone underground knew about me. All my missions, all my tales and all pictures of me. Most that didn't even have my face. Only the aftermath of my success. And I always scored a mission.

I turned to Matt, "Do you mind turning the projector on?"

I had caught sight of it when we walked in. A big conference room like this also couldn't do without one. Matt quickly set it up, attaching the cord to the laptop. As soon as the blinds were drawn and the lights dimmed, I passed the laptop to Rock who began the display of Scarlett Horace's life.

"I started my training at fifteen. I haven't failed a single mission and never been discovered by anyone who lived long enough to pass on information," I spoke into the darkness. The slides continued as I mentioned the various places I'd encountered as they showed on the screen, "La Viga gang in France; A ranch that stole valuable info from me in Mexico; Let's not forget our little fashion show that took place in Mexico. A friend took those pictures."

I smiled as a few pictures of me in a golden dress on the runway and then some pictures of Jacob and Mike in suits with men around them. After that, a picture came up of me in a red camisole and a patterned skirt with a high slit. My hand was parked back and my face with makeup. I had red flowers in my hair too. Around me were men in dark suits that held up guns. The picture had captured me with my favorite weapons in hand. The katana swords Rio had made for me.

"Those are Zi and Zou," I referred to the swords, "Still resting nicely in a glass case at home."

I heard Matt from beside me say, "Damn! That looks so hot."

The little show ended and the lights were turned back on. The men all yirnd their head towards the seat I'd previously occupied but found it empty. I'd switched my position so I was standing in between Mike and him. My voice shifted all their eyes to my new position.

"So, Michael?," I smirked as I placed my hand on his shoulder and leaned my body against the table, "Still think an untrained, annoying girl isn't the one known as the youngest, deadliest solo assassin?"

I smirked even wider at the look of shock clearly on his features. I turned my head to him and found his eyes already on me. I tilted my head, "So, your Highness?"

He was silent for a moment before speaking clearly, "The moment you decide to backstab anyone here is the moment you'll be killed. And don't think there won't be torture before death. Your loyalty counts. And do not forget that you are a little girl amongst men that can do serious damage."

I smiled as I dared to lean into him. The closer I got, the more I was drawn into the raw masculinity and power he exuded. He had a citrusy scent that made my head swim and also grounded me at the same time. His dark green eyes stayed on mine even as I traced my fingers lightly over the hard ridges of his body under his suit. His muscles tensed and bulged, eliciting a shiver in me. My fingers scraped the scruff of his jaw as my lips stood a hair's breath from his ear as I spoke.

"I know all that but do you know enough about me, Damon?"

I pulled back abruptly, a wide smirk on my face as I sashayed my way out of the room. The guards let me pass immediately and I felt all their eyes on me.

The heat of his gaze was the strongest.

************

Don't forget to vote and comment!!!!