32

Day 2 at a mafia house, I found myself in a large conference room. The table stretched wide but only a few men were in here.

(

(

Like this but the table and the room were wayyy larger)

About three guards stood by the door. Matt sat to my right. Some other men I'd gotten to know yesterday sat around me. My eyes landed on Rock who had a laptop open before him. He caught my gaze and winked. I rolled my eyes.

The room was silent.

Waiting for him.

A few moments later, the doors flew open and almost bloody well took my mind away with it.

There was one thing I couldn't deny I here, and that was the unnatural beauty of all the men in this mafia. It was as though being a hot hunk came as a job requirement. And that rule didn't at all falter for the man in the midst of it all.

Damon King....

Matt had finally told me his name and he had to whisper it. I'd thought it ridiculous but the name had me shivering every time I thought of it. Whether in excitement or fear, I had no idea. But it couldn't be fear. Among many of the men here, his name was whispered in fear and awe. A god amongst men.

My eyes swept over him and stayed on his figure. His dark, luscious hair was piled sexily onto his hair. The scruff over his jaw was one I found myself drawn to. It taunted my wildest fantasies. It highlighted the strength of his jaw and brought out more of the danger that radiated off him. His heavily muscled body was covered in an impeccable black tailored suit that hugged every inch of his biceps. The shirt beneath strained over his delicious abs that I would love to eventually take a peek of.

Mike followed behind him. Although I had a strong dislike for the asshole, his beauty could not be denied too. His dark hair was swept over his head. His biceps bulged as he moved his right hand into the pocket of his slacks. His left hand held his phone he was furiously tapping at.

My eyes moved back to him as he took the largest seat at the head of the table. His eyes swept over the room and landed on mine. I was immediately slammed by the dangerous pull of those dark, dense greens of his. His gaze pulled me into an abyss I was suddenly scared of. An abyss I couldn't bear to lose myself to because I needed to focus on my mission to take them all down. But yet his gaze pulled me in, taunting me to come in deeper and explore the secrets he kept. All the mysteries that were a part of him.

Mike cleared his throat, causing me to pull my gaze to him. His grey eyes bored into me, refelecting the dislike I also had in my eyes.

I turned to completely face him with a smirk, "Good morning to you too, Mikey. You have my attention now but I promise you the moment you start talking, I'm zoning out."

Mike's anger glared visibly and he was about to speak when his deep, husky voice filled the room.

"Enough of this play," He didn't glance at me but his words obviously pointed to me. He gave Mike a slight nod. Mike took in a deep breath, and his face lighted up with a smirk that made me raise a brow.

"We have you now," Mike started, "So you might as well talk."

I held in a smile at his stupidity and allowed him to continue, "What's your name?"

I was quiet for a moment, "You really are getting disappointing. You haven't even figured out my name in two weeks."

Mike's jaw ticked but he kept silent, "Answer the question."

I looked around the room and accessed the situation. I'd a few things. The guards at the door were to prevent anyone outside from interfering, which meant they posed no threat to me. Matt was slouched in his chair, I guessed he was oblivious to their plans or he was a really good actor. The men around the table sat straight but only because he was in the room. I looked at Rock with the laptop before him. Yep, he was the hacker. I had a hunch for Mike's question so I decided to go for it.

"I won't have to answer your question, Michael, because you already know the answer. I'll spare you the little victory."

That got to him.

"Fine, you little...," He took in a deep breath. I was thoroughly enjoying the show, "Your name is Scarlett Horace."

I smiled slowly, "Good for you. Anything else?"

Guess not, by the way his face reddened. He turned to Rock beside him, "You got her damn name. Search her up."

I watched the exchange with a sly smile. I took in a deep breath, leaned further into the comfortable seat and rose my crossed feet on the table. I closed the eyes and listened to the tapping of Rock's fingers on the keyboard. They thought they were smart, I would show them I was smarter. I counted the three minutes before Rock cleared his throat, "Sir, it's a dead end."

No sound for a heartbeat.

"WHAT?!," Mike yelled. I felt his glare settle on me but I stayed in my position. I allowed a sweet smile come over my face.

"You didn't believe I would make it so easy for you, now did you?"

He didn't answer. I laughed as I opened my eyes. I caught his gaze again and was a little surprised to see the calm and surprise in his own eyes.

"What do you say we make a deal?"

"No!," Mike interjected immediately, "The last time that happened, you ran away."

I rolled my eyes, "If I remember clearly, the whole base of that deal was for me to run and you to chase. Your men generously escorted me out of the premises and your orders. And I didn't run away if I was right in your building. Now don't be a lousy loser because you lost a simple bet with an untrained, annoying girl." I used his own words against him and enjoyed the spark that lit in his eyes. When he stayed quiet, I turned to him and continued.

"I would gladly give you all the information about me under one condition."

He was quiet for a moment before he spoke, "What is that?"

His deep voice sent a shiver through me that I suppressed as I spoke, " I give you information if you let me join your mafia."

"OH HELL YES!"

"OH HELL NO!"

*************

Thoughts?

Don't forget to vote and comment!!!