21

We were already on the plane.

Rick explained.

Somehow, they had found the listening device but he hadn't located any of them. They'd used the device to locate Rick and then me because we were connected.

The man I'd fought said they were a distraction. Yes, because the Boss we were after had left just as we had. If we had stayed any longer, they would have found a way to track us.

"You don't need Joe seeing your wrist like that," he spoke. I was leaned back against my chair, my eyes closed. As he spoke, I realized the throbbing in my wrist. I was sleepy so I only murmured a reply. He chuckled and I felt him stand. A few moments later, my hand moved and a pack of ice settled on my wrist. I hissed as the throbbing reduced considerably and I fell asleep.

**********

I blinked my eyes, still feeling tired. I settled into the comfy pillows of the bed.

Bed....

I quickly sat up and realized I was in my room in Joe's home. I stretched and yawned, before moving and placing my legs on the floor. I moved to rub my eyes and caught the bandage on my wrist. I smiled. Rick had always been thoughtful.

I moved into the bathroom and decided to have a shower. After enjoying the hot shower and feeling lighter, I moved into my room with a towel wrapped around me. I smirked when I spotted Rick on my bed, his legs stretched over the headboard, his arms tucked under his head. He smiled when he saw me in nothing but a towel. His favourite towel, supposedly.

"You're trying to give me blue balls again, right?," He teased.

I cocked my head to the side, loosening my grip on the towel, "Maybe..."

He laughed, watching the droplets of water on my body, "Well, it's definitely working."

I took slow steps towards him, "Really? How well?"

He sat up and stared as I walked closer, "Well, just a little. You know, I've met with hotter babes."

I scowled, playing along, "Really? Well, fine. I'm guessing you won't need these ever again."

As I spoke, I moved the towel from my shoulders and exposed my chest. Rick's eyes widened and I smirked at his expression, turning to walk away. In less than a second, Rick had jumped from the bed and blocked my way. His golden gaze deepened in hunger.

"I wasn't serious. You know I wasn't serious. I'm never serious."

I faked a glare and huffed, "Beg me then."

He laughed, grabbed the towel and let it fall off my body. He cursed as his eyes roamed and he took in a slow fill. His eyes finally met mine and he leaned in, biting my earlobe, "How about I make you beg me?"

I trailed my nail slowly up his toned chest, placing my lips lightly on his neck, "I dare you."

************

Turns out, I was free to moan out Rick's name as he was free to moan out mine because the family wasn't home. Rick had been left in charge but between the both of us, I was definitely the boss. Rick and I were in the sound proof basement of the house using the bullet targets. We were in a sordid competition, in which I was winning more points than him, mainly because I was in shorts that hugged my butt and I was leaning into my booth, right in the line of Rick's view. As I shot my last bullet and hit the head, I turned to Rick and smirked, "You done losing?"

Rick scoffed and dropped his gun, "I was allowing you to win. I know you screaming my name earlier drained some of your energy."

I smirked, "And yet, you were the one who cried as I rode you into heaven."

He floundered for a moment before giving up, "Oh, shut up."

I laughed at him. As we turned to walk out, I heard Joe's voice, "Princess?"

I skipped over to his figure as he walked through the doors. He took me in a hug that made me feel warm and safe, like they always had. When we drew back, he looked into my eyes.

"So?," He asked. He was asking about Rio. He knew what had happened between us and had been there as my support. He understood. I shook my head sadly. He only smiled and hugged me again.

"He got angry?," He asked.

I nodded, "But I pushed him."

Joe nodded, "You want to save him."

I didn't answer. Joe kissed my head, "You're okay. We're okay. You want to eat something? The kids forced Ana to get them a cake."

I smiled as he so easily changed the topic, "What flavour is it?"

"Red velvet," he smiled, knowing that was my favourite, "Why you like it so much, I will never understand."

I smiled, grabbing him arm to lead us out of the room. Rick followed, closing the door behind him, "Your name becomes you, my dear uncle. And whenever's there's cake, count me in."

Joe and Rio laughed as we walked up the stairs and into a home where I always forgot my worries.

************

These chapters are short, but I'm bringing up the real deal. Scarlett's going big.

Keep reading.

Don't forget to vote/comment!!!!