51

Also dedicated to devene959. Enjoy!!! Thanks for all your support Divine-Favour.

***

SCARLETT'S POV

I absolutely loved having Rick here.

After Damon had swallowed his defeat and the fact that I was really as good as he was told, Rick and I had retired back upstairs to work on fresh plans for the Delli's. I recounted to him all my ideas and he helped either tweak or provide new ones. Safe to say, we spent the whole day in Rick's room together.

And that realllly got to Damon.

By the time we got down for dinner, we were late again. And since we'd been rolling in bed, I looked like a mess which was probably why the room went up into an uproar again like that morning and Rick had to explain that nothing happened.

Either Damon wasn't so convinced or he needed to get laid himself but he ended up breaking a glass cup and storming out of the hall. Matt was surprisingly the one to go after him.

Rick and I talked more after that and I realized how much I really missed him. We went upstairs later and off to our separate rooms.

The next day had basically been quiet. No one was doing anything so most of us were lounging in one of those open living room bars. Some of our men sat with Rick, Matt and I around the bar.

We were currently in the middle of an awkward story telling.

Why?

Because Rick had just let slip that I was a singer. An assassin singer.

Well, no one was exactly shocked. In Matt's words, 'Dude, she can pretty much do anything. Now, anything she can't do? That'll be a shocker.'

And then Rick just had to mention there was one thing and that was the fact that I couldn't sing in front of crowds.

Very, very true.

The only people who had ever heard me sing were my family, Rick obviously included. In fact, it was Rick who helped me get through my loneliest days through music and it was one of the things about my mother that made me feel close to her. It was even more heartwarming when Rick learnt how to sing for me. It took a few months but he nailed it and we loved our voice combo. So, basically, music was everything to me. Well, if you put it after my family and my work.

Anyways, all that talk led to this.

"You have to sing. Please. Please. Please," That was Matt's begging. You'd know the desparacy anywhere.

I refused to give him an answer and sipped on the wonderful cocktail Matt had whipped up.

Soon enough, the men in the room caught on to our rumble and the whole room became a mess. I still wasn't budging though and for mostly one reason. The fact that Damon had walked in a few minutes ago and stood by the door, arms folded and watching the scene.

His presence filled the room and god, I wanted to get a whiff of his masculine scent once again. It was something I both loved and hated because it belonged to him. I sucked it up though, not really wanting to go into the mysteries of Damonville in my mind.

"Okay, even I'm feeling bad with all this begging," Rick chuckled.

I shot a glare which only caused him to laugh again, "Which is why you're you and I'm tge cold one," I turned to Matt, "Still no."

I felt a nudge in my side and turned to see Rick leaned into me, a mischievous smile in his face. I narrowed my eyes in suspicion. He simply laughed before saying,