3

"Rise and shine, Your Majesty. It's time for breakfast."

My eyes immediately shot open to the sound of Joe's voice by the door. I groaned. I was a light sleeper anyways. Even the sleep medication never helped.

"One more minute," I grumbled into the pillow.

I heard the smile in his voice, "No way, Missy. It's your fault for getting in late. Now, get up."

"Fine, I'm up," I sat up in bed.

Joe was leaned against the open door with his huge arms crossed in a long-sleeved black wool shirt. He paired that with sweatpants and his favourite dolphin slippers. I know right? Dolphins? I got that for him as a birthday gift five years ago. He never outgrew it.

"Morning, Joe. Your head looks as bald as ever," I joked.

"Thank you, M'lady. I made sure to shine it extra special for your arrival", he winked.

I laughed and got out of bed. I had on my favourite teddy shirt and shorts as my nightwear. This, along with only a few of my belongings were at Joe's home.

"What's for breakfast?," I had to ask. My stomach was speaking to me right now.

"You'll find out after you have a bath and brush your smelly mouth. You know Ana would never let you eat if you don't."

Ah, yes! Lovely Ana!

Let me explain: Ana and Joe got hitched a few years after that whole tragedy with my life. I'd gone to living alone after they'd gotten married. But I was glad Joe had someone to spend his life with. Let's not forget the little rascals I called cousins, Liam and Stella. Those two were devils bred in hell. Which was probably why Joe said they took after me.

All in all, Joe had a family and I was happy for him. Ana loved Joe even after knowing he had worked illegal means with my Papa, and had little me to take care of. She was an angel.

"I'm hungry, so I'm definitely going to have a bath," I answered Joe, before turning towards the closet to pick out what to wear.

"You might also have to clean up your room. Ana wasn't so happy last time," the door closed after his remark.

I groaned.

I hated cleaning my room. And I never knew how it got scattered on my nights here. Well, I did because I always threw my clothes around, but still...

I had my bath and quickly arranged my things around the room. My outfit was a comfy long- sleeved crop top that met dark blue high waist jeans. No need of carrying guns so I left them in my room, carefully hidden so neither Liam or Stella could find it. A pair of white vans were my shoes. With minimal makeup and my hair down, I looked okay.

I trudged my way out of my room and down the lavish hallway of Joe's home. This wasn't his actual home. Or at least the home that belonged to the Mob Boss Joe that had taken over my Papa's empire after his death. Joe preferred to keep his family away from his business, so his work stayed at Denver Corp which was a cover-up for my father's mob Headquarters.

Joe had been able to change our names and identities after my family had passed. I was recorded as an adopted child who had a different surname than her adopted father. And just in case of emergencies, Joe had rewritten all my father's property into his name, so as to cover up my real identity. If I had all my father's wealth at once, it'd be easier to trace the former me down. And those who'd killed my family were still out there.

The new me was an assassin, morphed from being an innocent seven year old girl into a twenty year old who burned with revenge and hatred. The only tiny shreds to my humanity belonged with Joe and his family. Outside them, my heart didn't exist.

I entered into the beautiful dining room that Ana had redecorated to her taste. The scent of food and roses floated in the air and it was heavenly. The dining had a rectangular table set in the middle. The seats around the table portrayed a perfect setting for a close family. The room itself was situated to face the beautiful gardens Ana had created. I'd never gone to look at them because they gave me nostalgia about my Mamma. The floor to ceiling windows let in full light from outside, which reduced the need for the chandelier in the day.

Right now, the table was laden with a few trays of food but they all ranged around my favourites. Joe was already seated at the head of the table, Ana beside him and the children on either side. Liam and Stella ran to me when they noticed me enter.

"Scar!!!!", they both yelled.

The two bodies crashed into me and I hugged them close. I loved this two. Liam was six and Stella was four.

"How are you two? I missed you guys so much!," I said as they pulled back.

"We missed you too," Liam spoke first, "But you lied. You promised you were going to come last week Thursday to watch Spiderman again."

I grimaced. I wasn't getting out of this one easily. Liam was one obsessed Spiderman-fan and we'd already watched the movie about a dozen times.

"I did come," I tried to defend myself.

"Really?", Stella rose one eyebrow and crossed her little arms in an intimidating way. She was a lot like Joe.

"Yes, really," I was feeling like I was going to get detention from little kids."I did come but you guys had already fallen asleep," I continued. That was no lie. I had been here last week Thursday after raiding a warehouse, but I had come to report to Joe on the mission.

"Aww, that sucks," Liam said.

"I know. How can I make it up to you, little man?," I ruffled his dark blonde hair.

He immediately brightened, "I know! My birthday's on the 14th. You have to come. Promise?"

I quickly calculated. I had a date with Edward.

"Promise?," Liam repeated.

I looked at the little boy before me.

"Please?"

I smiled at him, "I promise."

*******************

Don't forget to vote and comment for encouragement. Thanks!!!!