chapter one : when a secret gets told

Never before was it such a cold night in Mystic Falls, Virginia. It was snowing and there was a lot of wind. There was no one on the streets except for two girls. It could be seen from the way they were talking that they were far from friends, some people would even say that they were enemies.

That statement may be right for one of the girls, for the other she was far from hating the girl it was the total opposite she kind of liked the other girl.

But she knew that they would never be friends since the other girl totally despised her. She did not even know what she had done to her, but it was clear Lizzie had her reasons for hating her. And Hope would be damned if she did not find out what those reasons were.

Right now, they were sent out to get supplies because they got in an argument again... and Alaric the headmaster and Lizzie's father thought it was the perfect punishment since they would spend a good amount of time together. And maybe they would finally get along.

It was clear that he had not thought it through since they were having yet another argument. The shorter girl didn't even know what this fight was about she only knows that it is about something stupid "god can you just stop trying to pick a fight with me for one damn second" Hope yelled she had enough, and she just snapped.

Lizzie stopped walking and stood there with her mouth slightly open. Knowing that Hope was not done ranting she closed her mouth and kept silent. Lizzie didn't know where to focus her eyes on, so she just kept her gaze to the ground "you always do this trying to pick a fight with me what did I ever do to you that you hate me so much" Hope shouts grew quieter and until the last words were whispered.

Lizzie kind of felt bad for her but then she remembered what Hope had done "don't you dare pretend like you don't know what you did" Hope stared at her in disbelieve "that's the thing Lizzie I honestly don't know what I did because if I did then I would have done everything in the world to get your forgiveness" Lizzie was shocked to say at least did she truly not know what she had done.

"You really don't know do you" Hope looks in Lizzie's eyes seeing the pain that the blond was feeling she wanted to do nothing more than take that pain away but how could she do that if she didn't know what caused the pain in the first place.

Hope looked away not knowing if she could stand to keep looking in the other girls' eyes and only seeing that pain "of course I don't that's what I have been trying to tell you for years now".

Lizzie looked around a little nervous they were still alone in the streets it was still snowing but the wind had stopped which made it a lot warmer when she thought about it this looked a lot like one of the scene's you see in movies. "You told everybody about my first episode" Hope was confused "your first what?"

"My first episode after you put your room on fire" Hope looked at the blond with disbelieve "why would I set my own room on fire I lost half of my stuff in that fire including the only painting that I made with my dad" Lizzie looked in her eyes trying to find out if the girl in front of her was lying but saw nothing but honesty and something that she couldn't place "I believe you ".

Hope was glad that she had werewolf hearing otherwise she probably wouldn't have heard her "if you believed really that I said all these things about you then you hating me makes perfectly sense but with a grandfather and father like mine I'm probably not immune to these issues myself I don't take it lightly and I would never make fun of you for it" Hope spoke so softly it was almost a whisper it finally made sense for her if Lizzie really thought that she had done that.

"What I don't get is why anyone would accuse me of that who did you hear it from?" Lizzie didn't know what to do she believed the shorter girl but that would make her sister a liar "Josie" now it was Hope's turn to being speechless Josette Saltzman one of the only people she considered a friend. Why, she just did not understand it.

"why would she do that" Hope was hurt, and Lizzie knows it she saw it in her eyes so she did the only thing she could think of she hugged her for what felt like hours. The blond girl heard Hope's quiet sobs it broke her heart but for once she had to be the stronger one so she just held the girl tighter and whispered encouraging words in her ear like 'Josie will have a good explanation' and 'from now on I'm going to be there for you'.

She knows Josie was one of Hope's only friends and she felt bad for the blue-eyed girl but like she said from now on she would be there for her she could only hope that this would be the start of their friendship.

Hope calmed down but still stayed in Lizzie's arms feeling the comfort that the blond was giving her really helped with the whole Josie thing. But she did not want to think about that right now she just wanted to stay in the younger girls' arms and not think about anything else. "You alright?" whispered Lizzie.

She couldn't say that she didn't like the feeling she got when Hope was in her arms because then she would be lying, she loved how she felt right now, and she just wasn't ready to let go just yet. So, she just held her a little tighter Hope didn't seem to mind it because she just laid her head in the crook of the blonde's neck and whispered, "I'm starting to be fine, but can we just stay here a little longer I don't think I am ready to go back yet".

Lizzie understood it she didn't think she herself was ready to see Josie or share a room with her just yet "we can stay here for as long as you need, I'm not going anywhere". Just that one sentence made Hope's day a little better feeling Hope smile against her skin let the blond know that she said the right thing.

Knowing she couldn't face her twin tonight she decided to be bold "Hope? Do you maybe think I could stay with you tonight I can't face Josie"? The older girl was shocked but did not object "of course you can come by anytime you want from now on" Lizzie did not know why but she felt happy with that information.

"Thanks, Hope that means a lot but just so that I'm not confused were friends from now on, right?" Lizzie felt nervous what if Hope only was being nice and did not want to be her friend.