Chapter 5: Wait what?

Rebekah Mikaelson was worried. She had just got of the phone with her niece and the things she said were concerning to say at least.

Monsters freaking monsters everyone had forgot. How many memories of her were erased, how many of those 'monsters' did she knew? There where just so many questions.

She couldn't let her niece go through that alone. It was bad enough she didn't know about the monsters but not knowing her niece was on the front line was worse.

She wanted her to have a semi normal life going to school making friends and get a boyfriend/girlfriend.

No, she wasn't going okay with it. So, while she was packing her stuff, she called Davina and Freya and told them al about what was going on. Alaric Saltzman didn't know what was coming for him.

Meanwhile Hope and Lizzie were lying in Hope's bed. The call had ended like expected happiness and regret from hearing from her aunt and not calling sooner and her aunt being worried when she told her about the monsters.

But now that was over Hope just felt serene, she was lying in her bed Lizzie next to her both still holding hands. Neither of them said anything just laying there was enough.

Of course, every good moment must come to an end. Suddenly Lizzie's phone started to ring. Sighing the blonde sat up and took her phone from the nightstand. Josie was calling but the siphoner really didn't want to talk to her twin. The past day with Hope had been amazing and if the brunette didn't

lie about everything, she and Hope could have these moments for more than 10 year but she did and she just felt so angry.

Hope sat up and looked at the screen "are you going to answer her?" Hope still felt confused about Josie. She was her first friend, her only friend. But if Lizzie wanted to talk to her, she would okay with it.

"No, she'll have to wait until we're back at school. I know I want to clear things up but not through the phone and not now". The blonde silenced her phone and lied back down. Hope went to lay down but first she put on some music.

Lizzie turned on her side so she could look at the auburn girl better. "I know it's crazy but you're like my new favorite person right now I wish we could just stay here forever, not worrying about the rest of the world".

Hope looked at the blonde and smiled "you're my new favorite person to, I'm sorry I didn't talk to you sooner so we could have cleared this all up". They just stayed quiet looking at each other. During this Hope's music had stopped.

Hope never was so vulnerable beside with her parents but this past day with Lizzie she had really let her walls down, let the blonde see her like no one had seen her in years. To everyone else she was the loner tribid with a short temper or a teenager who lost her parents and doesn't know how to deal with it. But right now, Lizzie saw her not the loner tribid or the broken teenager. She saw Hope Mikaelson the girl who loves to paint and play music, who actually really enjoys learning and play pranks (something the blonde soon would find out).

Hope was staring at the blonde lips which didn't go unnoticed by the siphoner. Slowly she leant in the only thing on her mind the girl in front of her and how soft those lips looked.

Lizzie could feel the shorter girl breath against her lips, she stared into those light blue eyes and couldn't look away. She was so close to feeling the other girls' lips on her.

Hope's phone suddenly began playing "bad guy". Both girls jumped away from each other. Hope fell of the bed feeling embarrassed.

Hope looked at the screen already knowing who it was from hearing the song. "Hello uncle Kol, what's up?" Lizzie her eyebrows rose at this. She was quite familiar with the Mikaelson family and Kol didn't really had the best reputation at the school which was probably the fault of her father anyways.

"Well hello to you to is that anyway to treat your favorite uncle?" Kol was smirking at the other side of the phone. He could hear from the phone that his niece was or embarrassed or just nervous. "Could you switch to facetime real quick darling it's been some time since I last saw you".

Hope eyes grew at that facetime now when she was laying half on the ground her heart racing by 60 mile "uhm sure just give me a minute I have a friend with me in the room I'm sure you remember her, her name is Lizzie Saltzman". Hope sat back on the bed and tried to get her heart rate to calm down she was sure her uncle would hear her heart rate even over the damn phone.

"Yeah, I remember her is she the blonde one or the brunette?" Hope switched her phone to facetime just when her uncle asked that question. "see for yourself". Lizzie had overcome her shock over what almost happen for the second time not even a minute ago. Hope looked at Lizzie blushing a little but with a smile on her lips.

"Ah the blonde one, I must say love that you have grown to be quiet an alluring lady". Kol meant what he said but the minute he saw his niece with the Saltzman girl he knew there was something there. Hope always used to complain about the girl. He always thought here was a little crush but seeing his niece looking at the blonde just confirmed all his suspicions.

"Okay uncle Kol that's enough flattering, now why are you calling me not that I am not pleased that you are because I am". Hope of course already knew why her uncle called. It was only a matter of time before her aunt called the rest of her family to tell them about what was going on.

"It's about those monsters you've been facing darling. I know you're strong enough and everything, but I was wondering if I needed to send you some more grimoires from me and Davina. Lizzie if you need some or just a spell let me know me and my wife are pretty knowledgeable on the subject of magic".

Even though her father doesn't' let anyone in the school learn offensive magic she knew the only reason they defeated the previous monster was because of Hope if there were going to be more monsters she needed to learn to protect herself and everyone around her so she answered, "I could really use some spells to protect myself maybe if you want to Hope you could teach me and not alone offensive magic but also self defense?"

Hope answered before her mind could catch up with what her mouth was saying "Of course love whatever you want to learn". She blushed after registering what she said of course they had teased each other before but after what happened a moment ago it felt weird but still like she had said it a thousand times before. Looking at the blonde it seemed she wasn't the only one that was blushing.

Kol was smirking he had just got all the conformation he needed if he wasn't sure before he was now. His niece never called anyone love unless she liked them. "Well, you'll be seeing the books soon enough darling. Let's say somewhere in the next 27 hours. Also say hi to all your Aunts and Uncles we'll be there before you know it". And with that he hanged up the phone.

Not registering yet that Kol had ended the call she asked, "Wait you're all coming to mystic falls?"