Chapter 9: Remember what I said

When Lizzie and Josie walked into the kitchen they quickly became defensive. There was Hope with her gold eyes and her hands out ready to use her powers and a far to cocky looking Landon.

"Muppet, why don't you step away from her and crawl back to whatever hole you came from huh."

Landon was clearly not expecting the twins to come in there and defiantly not with fire in Josie her hands and small lightning bolts in Lizzie's. "Remember what I said Hope." Without saying anything else he walked out of the kitchen an into the hallway.

A few minutes earlier with Hope

Hope was almost done cooking the meal she had in mind it was going to be perfect no doubt about it. Quickly putting the last finishing touch on the meal and it was ready.

What Hope didn't notice is that Landon was standing in the doorway looking at her. He already knew how he wanted this conversation to go and he wasn't going to let anything stop him. "Hey Hope."

Hope turned around and saw him standing there. She knew he thought she had feeling for him after the dance the shared like 2 years ago, but she really didn't, he was pretty creepy and clingy.

"Ow hey Landon."

"So, I was wondering, and I would like you to go on a date with me."

Hope sighed she knew he was going to say something like this sooner or later, but she really hoped he just wouldn't. "Landon I am sorry, but I don't want to go on a date with you."

Landon had clearly not expected this answer because his 'charming' smile turned into an angry snarl in less than a second.

"Why wouldn't you want to go on a date with me? I am amazing we could be that couple everyone wants to be!"

After his angry rant Landon calmed down when he saw that he sort of had trapped Hope. She was standing between him and the counter. If he played this well, it could work out for him.

Hope heard his reaction and was preparing herself to fight him she didn't want to but if he made her, she would. Her eyes began blazing gold and she put her hands ready to cast a spell if needed.

"Now Hope why don't I let you think about it for a few days I am sure your answer will be different then."

Present time

Lizzie quickly made her way to Hope "Did he do something do we need to go and kick his ass?" asked Lizzie. She didn't know what that Gremlin did, but she saw the scenario she and her sister walked into and it didn't look great.

Hope couldn't help but chuckle quietly the blonde was just so cute "I am fine let's just forget about it and enjoy the meal I have so graciously prepared."

Lizzie was going to answer when she remembers they weren't alone in the room. "Uhm Hope I asked Josie to eat with us if that's okay, I thought it was best if we all just had a conversation about what happened?"

Hope looked over where Josie stood with a nervous expression, she gave the brunette girl a small smile and said, "Come sit down I'll have to check to see if everything is still perfect so we can start to eat."

Josie let out a relieved sigh and went to sit at the table together with her twin. Luckily for Hope everything still looked amazing.

Lizzie was so hungry that when the food was on the table, she dived right in but when she took the first bite she froze. Surprised she turned to the tribid who was looking at her with a hopeful look in her eyes. "You made this?" she questioned.

"Yes, do you like it I haven't made it in a while, so I don't know if it tastes alright.'

"Alright! It tastes amazing God I have never eaten anything this amazing what is it? You have to tell me."

"It's something my mom taught me to cook it's called New Orleans Jambalaya"

Josie who wanted to see what her sister was talking about took a bite out of the meal and was overwhelmed with the most amazing flavors.

"Wow Hope you never said that you were able to cook? This is amazing" exclaimed the brunette.

Hope blushed from the praise she got. Lizzie seeing this began to tease her immediately "Aw Hope are you blushing."

"Am not."

"You so are."

They kept laughing about stuff and talked like never before. Hope felt like they were finally becoming true friends.

Lizzie hated that she had to burst this bubble they were in but she had invited her sister so they could talk about everything.

"Guys I hate to ruin this, but we have to talk about everything that has happened otherwise it is going to stick with us."

"I am so sorry about everything, I should have told you the truth instead of lying." Josie apologized "I had a crush, and I was a scared 14-year-old."

"You don't have to explain Josie I heard your conversation earlier, but I didn't want to intrude" Hope said. "I forgive you, it was something that happened almost 2 years ago and even though I was mad you lied and kept me and Lizzie from being friends, it was something stupid and we're mature enough to get over it."

Lizzie was surprised by how good Hope was handling this but then it registered what she said "Wait you heard our conversation?"

"Yeah, I was coming back with the drinks and though you needed privacy, so I waited outside but werewolf hearing."

Josie was sort of happy Hope had heard the conversation, so she didn't need to say again that she had a crush on Hope.

"So, no hard feeling?"

"No hard feeling."

"Hope what did Landon want earlier?" asked Lizzie.

Hope tried to dodge her question "He was just being a dick Lizzie like usual."

"I can tell it was more than that you were ready to attack him if needed."

Hope caved in and said, "He tried to get me to go on a date with him and when I told him no, he got weird."

"Hope do we need to kick his ass because we will." Said a slightly angry Josie and where an angry Josie went fire went to.

"It's fine okay no worries I'll handle okay."

With that Josie left the table to go back to her room and give the two girls time to talk.

They both said there in a comfortable silence trying to steal glances at each other without getting caught.

"Before Mg interrupted us, we had a moment right I wasn't the only one who felt all those emotions during our kiss right?" Lizzie asked.

Hope was conflicted on one side she should say that she didn't feel anything that way Lizzie would be safe, and no one would hurt her because of her but she never felt closer with anyone in a long time and she actually wanted to be with her.

"Lizzie ..., of course I felt something during our kiss. I never felt anything like that and even though I have only kissed one guy I know that the kiss we shared will be one of the most magical ones ever." Hope explained "I want to do this with you, but I am scared what if someone tries to hurt you because of who I am? I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"I don't care who tries to get in our way Hope I like you and" before Lizzie could say anything further Hope interrupted her "You like me like actually like me?"

"Of course, I do I can't explain it or say how long I like you, but I do, and I don't think anything could change that."