Chapter 21: A deal with the devil

Lizzie's feet were determined to get her as far away from her mom and Hope. From the problems that were trying to chase her.

It seemed like her feet had a mind of their own taking her somewhere she didn't recognize.

She just didn't get it, she knew her father had done horrible things, gruesome things. But he was still her father. She knew he needed to be stopped but killing him it just seemed like to much, so cruel.

She just wished there was some way that he could be the same guy he was 12 years ago. The man who would endure tea parties with her and her sister, the guy that would calm her down after her episodes, the man that said he loved her.

Lizzie looked up after coming to a halt, she was at the dock. The place she and Hope had her first date. That day meant so much for her it was the first time she felt like enough, that their relationship might actually be real. That they had a chance.

Hope her dear Hope god she said such horrible things, all because she was mad at her because of that stupid plan. She knew that one way or another she was going to have to make it right with her but just not right now.

Not when she still felt so angry and sad. She needed a plan one that would not kill het father but would make him pay and ensure he would never cause them any harm again.

Lizzie went to sit her, feet dangling just above the water and looked at her reflection. She didn't look anything like her bio mom if anything she looked more like her mom inside and outside.

And than it hit her. Her bio mom was the answer well not really her bio mom, but her twin brother's prison is. It was almost fool proof it punished her dad since he would spend the rest of his days surrounded by the man who killed his wife, never able to get out.

The only thing she needed to do now was convince the others and she probably should speak with Hope about everything too.

And so, she walked back to the school a plan in her mind and feeling just a little better about the whole thing.

Hope on the other hand was still asleep next to her mom when a voice woke her up.

"Hi Hope, you need to wake up sweetie" said Freya who walked in the room.

Hope groaned and reluctantly opened her eyes "what's up aunt Freya?"

"We are moving your parents to the gym to start the unlinking spell"

Hope looked up bewildered "But mom is still in a coma and with the poison isn't there a chance it could go wrong?"

Freya sat down next to her and put her arm around her niece "I understand you're scared Hope, but I looked at their work and I must admit it's perfect I couldn't have done it better"

Hope looked down but didn't say anything what was she supposed to say if even her aunt who had been alive for thousand years couldn't find a fault in it, it is probably the best it can be.

"Hope look at me please" Freya asked "Keelin, Marcel and even Damon Salvatore are out looking for the ingredients to cure your mother at the rate they are finding them we will be able to cure her before you know it."

"I know I'm just scared I already lost her once I can't go through that again I just can't."

"It's okay, how about we go to the gym and make sure everything goes fine?"

Hope stood up and nodded "fine, let's do this"

At the gym

Hope walked in and saw her aunt Davina talking to a few witches she remembers from her classes.

Davina noticed Freya and Hope coming inside and quickly said a last few words to the other witches before moving towards her family.

"They are all ready, Klaus got Hayley here, we were just waiting for you guys to start."

Freya nodded and moved towards the circle that was drawn in the middle of the gym.

"Hope it is best if you go stand by your uncle Kol, he can fill you in on what the spell contains meanwhile we will perform the spell and before you know it your parents will be unlinked from that weirdo."

Hope looked around trying to find her uncle Kol when she spotted him on the bleachers. He was already looking at her.

"So, Uncle Kol tell me how is this going to go, anything I'm supposed to watch out for?" questioned Hope.

"You have nothing to worry about, it's actually pretty clever they are going to use a similar spell like the one your aunt Davina used when she separated Klaus and Elijah's sire line from them."

Kol looked at his niece and even though she was listening her eyes betrayed that she was not processing the information he was telling her.

"Hope, darling are you alright?"

"It's nothing Uncle Kol"

Kol raised his eyebrows and looked at her "don't lie to me you know I can see through it."

Hope sighed knowing her uncle can see through her "I know you want to help Uncle Kol but with everything that's happening I'm just scared of what can go wrong not only with my parents right now but with all of you, with the necromancer and Alaric coming after us I'm scared not everyone is going to make it out unscathed"

Kol looked at his niece it saddened him that she had gone through all that loss and faces now to lose everyone yet again "it's hard not being scared of death, ever since I found your aunt all I am is scared, scared that one day time will catch up and I can only imagine how much harder this is for you since you already lost your parents once but I will make this promise to you. I will do everything I can to make sure you get your happy ever after."

Hope hugged her uncle yes; he may be described as a psychopath, but he was the best uncle anyone could ever ask for.

"Now it looks like they are almost done with the spell so how about we go down and she if it worked"

Hope looked down she hadn't noticed the spell casting or the light surrounding her parents and the witches. It seems like her uncle Kol really is good at distracting her sometimes.

Going down Hope noticed that the light dimmed, and the witches had stopped casting the spell. Going towards her aunts and parents she hoped everything would be okay.

Klaus who saw his daughter approaching went to stand beside her. He could already feel that the bond between him and the necromancer had broken.

"It's done, I can no longer feel the necromancer's hold over me" he told everyone.

Cheers filled the gym the students who helped were happy it meant one step towards the direction that promised their happy school life back.

Hope turned towards her father and hugged him. "That's amazing dad, this means we can make the deal with the necromancer and finally put an end to all of this "

"Yes, my littlest wolf everything will finally be fine."

Kol who was standing beside his wife chuckled "Now if everyone is ready how about we gather everyone and make a deal with the devil?"