•Chapter 45•

Elara Beck
It was just a few days before Shawn went on tour.
The past months had consisted of stress and sadness; but within those anxious moments were moments of love and passion.

We had made sure to take Frances on outings together to make sure Shawn didn't miss out.
Frances loved any outings that involved the aquarium or the zoo. She wasn't fond of the beach.
We had taken her to the cinema too as soon as we found out they were showing a re run of The Heffalump Movie, and Frances was more than delighted to see her favourite toy brought to life.
Those days out where some of the happiest days we had shared so far, despite the constant paparazzi.

Shawn and I spent our evenings either talking endlessly, cuddling with an old movie playing, or filling the evening with passion and lust.

But now it was a few days before he left and all emotions were heightened.

"Frances, do you remember that your staying with Grandma Karen tonight?" I said as I was packing her overnight bag and she was trying to help me fold her clothes.
"Yup."
"And you're going to be a good girl for her?"
"Yup."
"Good girl. I love you." I said.
"La you Mamma." She said and I bent down to press my nose against hers.
We finished her bag and grabbed a few snacks for her before waking out to the car.
I strapped her in and she put her hand on mine, looking at me with big eyes.
"Daddy?"
"Daddy's at work but you'll see him tomorrow." I said and she nodded with a pout.

I felt nervous on the drive to Shawn's parents.
I was still wary about leaving her with our parents just because i hated the thought of her being upset without me.
And Shawn didn't know that i was bringing her here for the night.

"Hello my love how are we?" Karen said as we walked up to the door.
"Oh you know, nervous." I sighed and she took me into her arms.
"I know. But you know we're here. We can get to you easily if ever you need anything."
"I know."
"Grandma!" Frances said and bounced around with her arms up.
Karen smiled and picked her up much to Frances' delight.
"So you guys are coming over tomorrow aren't you?" Karen asked and i nodded.
"Yeah I think we're spending most the day here if that's ok?"
"Of course. I think a few of Shawn's friends are coming as well."
"Ok."
"What are you guys doing tonight?"
"Well, he actually doesn't know about any of this. But I'm going to set up our lounge all nice and I'll cook something or other." i laughed.
"You're good to him."
"And he's good to me. I love him very much." I said and she kissed my cheek before giving me a light hug.
"Bye baby. I'll see you tomorrow morning." I said and pressed my nose against Frances'.
"La you!" her little voice yelled as I walked back to my car.
"Love you!"

On the way home i stopped at the store and picked up three dozen roses, the ingredients for brownies, a tub of ice cream, the ingredients for a carbonara and several packets of tea light candles.
"Shawn getting lucky?" the checkout girl asked and my cheeks turned pink.
I still wasn't used to the fact that people knew who i was.
"He's leaving for tour in a few days so i'm just doing something nice." I smiled and she nodded.
"I'm sure it'll be lovely."
"Thanks.

When i got home I saw that I had  three hours before Shawn would be home at seven.
I started by getting the house set up.
I put candles over the living area, the kitchen, and the bedroom before scattering the same areas with roses.
As i stood before his wardrobe I rattled my brain to try and think of what he could wear.
Before long, i settled on a white t-shirt and his now famous black jeans.
I placed them onto a hanger and hung them inside the bathroom, all part of my plan.

Once all the house was set up I put on my makeup and straightened my hair, still dressed in my pyjamas.
By the time I had prepared everything to be cooked when Shawn got home the kitchen was more than a mess.
I only had around half an hour so I had to hurry to tidy it all up.
Now it was time to decide what i wanted to wear.
If i had picked out smart casual for Shawn then i needed to do the same for myself.
Eventually I decided on a pale pink dress.
It had small straps and reached my mid thigh, with the waist ruched to one side.

Now all there was left to do was wait for Shawn to come home.

Shawn Mendes
Was it the right time? Probably not.
But i couldn't think of when the right time would be.
I felt it was the right time now.
Someone had made a comment about locking her in before I went away and it clicked in my brain.

I had bought the ring a while ago.
There was no doubt in my mind when we first started living together that we would get married.
So I had gone and bought the ring.

I knew I would never be with anyone else.
She was my one.
She was everything.

I got to our door and stopped before taking a deep breath.
Should i even do this now?
What would she say?
What would I do if she said no?
What if it was too soon?

No.
Come on we're doing this.

I knocked on the door and as i heard steps coming to open it I got down on one knee and pulled the ring out of my bag.

The door opened and I looked up at Elara.
She gasped and covered her mouth with her hands.
"What are you doing?!" She asked with tears in her eyes.
"Well I'm going to ask you to marry me." I laughed.
She gently got onto her knees in front of me with tears in her eyes.
"Yes."
"I haven't asked" I giggled and she gasped and stood up again.
I threw my head back in laughter and she brushed her hair behind her shoulders.
" Ok go." She sniffled.
"Elara, there is no one else in this world that I could ever dream of being with. You and Frances are my world. And before i go away I needed you to know that you are the only one for me. So, will you marry me?"
"Yes. Yes ok."