•Chapter 48•

Shawn Mendes
The day had come to say goodbye.
I could barely look at Elara or Frances.
I knew Elara was trying her hardest not to show emotion over me leaving but she wasn't doing a good job of it.
This morning at around 4 am she had gotten up and I heard her crying in the bathroom.
I had gone into Frances' room and picked her up out of her bed and carried her back to our room.
She wriggled around until she was in between where Elara and I slept.
Elara came back out of the bathroom and smiled with tears in her eyes as she climbed back into bed.
I interlocked our fingers and used my other hand to brush her hair lightly.
"I'll miss you" I said and she just nodded as a tear fell from her eye.

She had fallen asleep soon after that, her cheek touching Frances' and even though it was a sad moment I took a picture of the two rosy cheeked girls and smiled to myself.

When we all woke up again it was three hours later. I was up first and started to pack my things into the car as Elara had insisted on driving me to the airport to meet everyone.
After everything was jigsawed into the back of the car I went into the house where Elara and Frances were now sat in the kitchen.
In front of Frances was a large packages and two envelopes.
"Go on baby." Elara said and Frances jumped down from her chair and pushed the things towards me.
"Whats this?" I said and sat on a chair, pulling my little girl into my lap.
"May I help?" Frances said and I smiled and kissed her cheek.
"Frances you know what it is." Elara laughed.
"I made it."
"You can help me unwrap it." I smiled.

I watched over her shoulder as she wrestled with the envelope.
I smiled as she pulled out a glittery drawing she had obviously created.
"That's beautiful." I smiled and she held it in front of me.
"That's me, and you and Mamma." She said pointing at the stick figures. "Will you take it with you when you're singing?"
"Oh of course i will! I'll keep it safe." I said just before she started to tear into the larger box.
I looked over at Elara and raised an eyebrow but she just shrugged with a small smile.

"I picked it." Frances giggled as she pushed the Build A Bear box to me.
She started to squeal and giggle as i opened the box to reveal an elephant that looked very similar to hers.
"But it's special isn't it Frances?" Elara said and Frances nodded before pushing the elephants chest.
As she pushed it, her own little voice rang out in the kitchen.
'Hi daddy, do a good job singing. Be back soon. Baby misses you. I love you!'
"Press the hand." Elara said and I nodded, a lump starting to form in my throat.
"Hey, I love you more than you could ever know. Do good, have an amazing time, but get back here soon so I can marry you. Ok, bye Shawn, I love you!'

I didn't even realise i was crying until Frances put her hand on my face.
"Is it bad? Mamma he doesn't like it!" Frances pouted and looked at Elara, standing up on her chair.
"No! God I love it! Come here both of you!" I said and both of them quickly came into my arms.
I cried silently as we all hugged and felt a pang of fear as my alarm went off, alerting me to the fact that it was time to go.
"Right, come on then, Frances will you go and get your coat for me and put it on like a big girl?" Elara said and Frances nodded with a smile.
As soon as Frances had waddled out of the room Elara crashed her lips onto mine and sat gently on my lap as I wrapped my arms around her.
It happened so suddenly that i didn't even have time to stifle the moan that escaped me.
I held her tightly to me and kissed her with as much passion as I could.

"Ew"
Both Elara and I burst out laughing as we turned to see our daughter stood in the hallway wearing one of my jumpers.
"Frances what have you got on?" i said laughing as the jumper trailed on the floor causing her to trip every other step.
"It's daddy's. But he'd want me to have it. Wouldn't you?"
"Yeah of course baby." I said and scooped her up in my arms as we made our way out to the car.

The whole ride to the airport was filled with all of us talking and singing.
I was worried it would be a sad drive but I had never laughed so hard, sometimes to the point where I couldn't see because of the tears from laughing.
Even when we got to the airport we were all smiling and joking.
Even when the press were in our way it was happy.
Yet it made it so much harder to leave.

In the lounge we met up with everyone but I wanted to spend the last few moments with Elara and Frances.
Elara sat on my lap and we watched Frances play with her elephant for a bit before going back to her colouring book, singing her little songs as she went.
"We made that." I whispered to her as we both looked at our daughter in adoration.
"Hell yeah we did. You're both more than I could ever ask for." She whispered back before kissing my cheek.
"So, When are we getting married?"
"As soon as you come back." She smiled and pecked my lips.
"Big or small wedding?"
"Medium. Though i do want as many people as possible there to see us." She said and I couldn't help but laugh.
"So you want a big wedding?"
"Shawn i don't really care as long as I'm married to you by the end of that day." She said and I nodded.
"Forever and always,"
"So long as we both shall live,"
"I do."