•Chapter 28•

Shawn Mendes
I knew Elara was more than worried to leave Frances with my parents. All through the car journey back she kept biting her fingers and talking about how it was a bad idea.
We sat in the car in the driveway of the house and I took her hand in mine, partially to stop her biting her fingers, but also as a reassurance to her that it was going to be ok.
"So, what would you like to do this evening?" I asked trying to get her mind off of leaving Frances.
"Go and get my baby." She sighed and I squeezed her hand.
"Elara Frances is going to be absolutely fine with mum and dad. They know what to do." I said and she turned to me pouting with tears in her eyes. "Oh Elara."
I jumped out of the car and ran round to her side and quickly hugged her tight, pulling her into my chest and stroking her hair as the tears fell harder.

"What are you afraid of?" I asked and wiped her tears away with my thumbs.
"What if she thinks we've abandoned her?" Elara cried and I shook my head with a roll of my eyes.
"Elara she's going to be fine. Just think of how excited she'll get when we go and pick her up." I smiled and she nodded with a little sniffle. "And we'll go and get her as soon as we wake up."
"Ok."
"But tonight, we're going to get dressed up all nice and I'm taking you out to a nice restaurant ok?" I said and she nodded.

As I waited for Elara to get ready, I sat on the couch and thought about how I was actually nervous for this evening.
I knew Elara and I had to talk about our relationship and how we were going to move forward, but I didn't know what I wanted or what would be best for us as a family.
It made me more nervous that I didn't know what she wanted either. I know she had agreed to live with me but whether she actually wanted me was another thing.
But I knew in my heart that I couldn't see her with someone else and have another man around my daughter. I struggled enough for the few weeks that I had to think about Frances being looked after by Finn.
I know that I had to do something but I didn't want to rush into anything or make her feel forced to be with me.
"Ok I'm ready." I heard Elara say as she walked down the stairs.
I turned to her and couldn't stop the smile from appearing on my face.
She had on a white off the shoulder crop top and skinny black jeans. She wore black heels and held a black jacket in her hands. She had done her makeup beautifully with bright red lipstick and I couldn't take my eyes off of her.
I smiled as she came to stand infront of me.
"You look beautiful." I breathed and I watched as she looked to the ground with a small smile on her face.
"Thank you. So, where are we going?" She asked and I smiled.
"A little Sicilian place in the city. You'll love it I promise."

As soon as we entered the restaurant I watched Elara with a smile on my face. Her eyes lit up as she saw that the restaurant was covered in roses, her favourite flowers, and artwork. There was soft music playing and she put her hands up to her cheeks.
"This is the most amazing place. I love roses." She beamed and I gently took her hand in mine.
"I know you do. I remembered." I smiled and she gave my hand a small squeeze.
We were seated in a cosy booth towards the back of the restaurant like I had asked to be. If we were going to talk about our relationship then I didn't want any prying ears listening in.
"So, I was thinking we could talk about our relationship and how we're going to move forward." I said and she nodded.
"I think that's a good idea."
"So. I've thought about this a lot. I don't know where you're at or what you're thinking and I don't want to rush into anything you're not ready for, but Elara, I don't think I could see my daughter be around another man but me." I said and she nodded slowly.
"I understand that."
"So what are you thinking?"
"Well, why don't we just start again? We get to know each other again and see where the relationship goes. I want you around Shawn I want you to be Frances' father. No one else is her dad." She said and I nodded.
"So we can try to be together?" I asked and Elara smiled and nodded. 

I took her hand in mine and rubbed the back of her hand with my thumb.
She looked into my eyes and I couldn't help but smile.
She was so beautiful. I didn't care that we were so young, I wouldn't have met anyone better to be the mother of my children.
She was so caring and kind and of course I thought she was extremely beautiful. She was everything I wanted.
I knew that if we were together previously, I would propose to her. But we had to build up a whole relationship.
But I was excited to start building a relationship, with Elara.
It was a step further to being a family.