•Chapter 7•

Elara Beck
The week I spent with Shawn was, I had decided, the best week of my life.
We didn't leave the house once.
It was filled with Shawn trying to teach me how to play guitar as I sat in his lap and him singing along as he moved my fingers with his.
We talked for hours sat infront of his large windows about ourselves as we sipped on drinks.
As night fell, we would kiss under the covers, holding each other, figuring each other out, leaving the world of reality for one of heavy breathing and pleasure.

When I left at the end of the week to go home, though we exchanged numbers, I knew that it would be highly unlikely that I would see Shawn again. I had no reason to see him again. Unless we met again on a night out and he wanted another fling. But I wasn't sure deep down that I could do another fling after the week we shared together. It was too special and the emotions felt too real to have just a meaningless fling with him. I knew I'd never be in a relationship with Shawn, so really, this would never happen between us again.

Mum didn't suspect a thing. She had rung me a few times to see how I was doing but she didn't sound curious or unsure at all. Then again she had no reason to be worried. I wasn't in any sort of danger. Apparently I missed one of her phone calls and she had rung Agnes to ask her where I was. But Agnes told me that she had covered for me beautifully by saying my phone had run out of charge and pretended to shout at me to charge it. I never had any worry that Agnes would let me down. I had covered for her plenty of times so I knew she would do the same for me.

Agnes and I had met up at a coffee shop two days after I had left  Shawn's house and she was almost bursting at the seams with questions and was desperate for me to tell her every little detail of what happened with  Shawn.
"Come on El please tell me!" She whined as we sat at the corner table of the coffee shop. Her legs wriggled under the table and her hands jittered on the table.
"No! It's my business." I giggled, sipping on my coffee.
"But this was your first fling! And it was with a god damn rockstar! I want to hear all about it!" Agnes whinged.
"Aggie no. Seriously, I just want to keep it to myself."
I shrugged.
"Ok well at least tell me, was he amazing?"
"Yes."
"Did you guys have sex?"
"Yes we did." I sighed and Agnes smirked.
"How many times?"
"Aggie!"
"Ok ok I'm sorry. I'm just so excited for you!" She said smiling like an excited child on Christmas morning.
"There's nothing to be excited about now. He's left for America and I'm not going to see him again." I sighed and shrugged my shoulders heavily.
"Seriously? After spending an entire week with you he didn't say anything about seeing you again?" She asked, raising one of her eyebrows.
I shook my head and bit the inside of my cheek. I knew that Shawn and I wouldn't see each other again but hearing it out loud hurt more than I had originally expected it to.
"You want to see him again don't you?" Agnes said and I shrugged my shoulders again.
"I don't know. I guess. We just had a really good week. But I know I'm not going to see him again so there's no point dwelling on it."
"You might see him again. He might realise that you're the one for him and you'll get married and have children" Agnes said looking off over my shoulder dramatically.
I threw my head back in laughter and shook my head over and over.
"Don't be stupid. It was just a fling Aggie."

But as I sat at home that evening, part of me couldn't help but feel lonely. Spending a week with someone, full of laughter and pleasure, to then being on your own was a shock to the system. I would type away on my computer or watch TV, only to find one of his songs pop up into my head which would make me think about him, and the more I thought, the more I wished I could do that week over and over again.

"Oh my god." Mum said suddenly as we sat at the table for dinner.
"What's wrong?"
"A someone dropped flowers off for you today and I forgot to give them to you. They're on your bedroom windowsill." Mum said and I smiled.
"I'm going to go and look quickly."
I ran up the stairs to find a large box of roses that were all a different shade of purple.
I smiled and bit my lip as I read the card that was placed on top.
'Thank you for an amazing week. Sorry I couldn't deliver these myself. I hope you like them. Shawn x'

I smiled and ran back downstairs to mum.
"Who is he?" She asked, wiggling her eyebrows.
"Oh, just a friend I met in the city once." I shrugged. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and sent a message to Shawn.
'Thank you for the flowers, they're beautiful. I had an amazing week. Xx'