•Chapter 30•

Shawn Mendes
The sun was blazing through the small gap in the curtain as I opened my eyes. I could hear the cars on the street outside and the occasional bird. My body was filled with happiness and a sense of calm, something I hadn't felt in a while.
I looked down and saw that Elara was still sound asleep, curled up  by my side. One of her hands was rested on my stomach and I took it in mine and interlocked our fingers. I smiled down at her and with my free hand I gently moved her hair from her neck, before wrapping my arm around her waist., enjoying the feeling of our skin against each other's.  She snuggled in closer to me and a small sigh left her mouth, making me smile even more.

The night we had shared last night was more than I could have ever hoped for.
We connected all over again.
For an evening I forgot everything that had happened between us and it felt like it had done those months where we first met and how we had spent our first night together.
We had said that we would try being in a relationship.
But I already knew it would work.
It has to work.
I would make sure that it would work between us.

I sat there for panning future dates and days out we could do together.
But I also knew that within all this I had to make a statement.
Andrew had been going on about the statement for months but I never knew what I was going to say.
But I did now.
I knew where I stood.
I knew exactly how I felt.

'Hey man, I'm ready to release a statement.'

But I needed to tell Elara.
As soon as the statement was released, people would want interviews and would want stories.
She would be propelled into fame and I wanted her to be ready.

'The plan is, you make one on social media when you're ready and we'll wait for the interview requests.'

Elara stirred as the text came through, making a buzzing sound on the bed.
I put my phone on the bedside table and looked back to her, taking her hand in mine again.
She groaned slightly and sighed before opening her eyes slowly.
I smiled at her and gave her hand a squeeze.
"Morning."
"Morning" she smiled and I kissed the top of her head.
"How does breakfast sound?"
"Breakfast sounds amazing right now." She giggled and I slid out of bed and stretched my arms as I walked to get dressed.
I pulled out another hoodie and a pair of boxers and threw it to Elara, who quickly slipped it on and pulled on the boxers.

We sat in the kitchen sipping hot coffee, Elara's with a hint of hazelnut in, I made up some breakfast, occasionally taking glances at her from across the kitchen island.
"So when can we go and get Frances?" She said with a yawn and I smiled.
"Whenever you'd like to." I said putting a plate in front of her. "We can get ready and then we can go and get her."
She smiled to herself as she looked back down to her plate.
I smiled at her and just admired her.
She was beautiful.
I cleared my throat.
"So, I was thinking, if you're ok with it, that I needed to make a statement about you and Frances." I said and she looked up at me, those big hazel eyes looking confused and worried.
"What?"
"I want people to know about you and Frances."
"But we're not together."
"Elara, we're going to be living together and we have a baby." I said and sat down opposite her.
"I-I'm not ready."
"Please Elara, the fans will want to know why I've gone silent."
"No."

She stood up from her seat, shaking her head and folding her arms over her chest.
I frowned at her and rose from my own chair, walking around the island to stand infront of her.
"Why is this such an issue?" I said and reached out to her but she moved away quickly. "Elara-"
"I said no ok! My god you asked and I said no."
"Well I thought you'd be fine with it!"
"I'm not. I don't want myself or Frances put into a whirlwind of questions and cameras. She's not even a year old! I don't want that for her. So no." She said, raising her voice as she walked towards the stairs.
"Of course you're going to be famous! You've had Shawn Mendes' baby!"
"I didn't have a choice. If I did, she would not be yours."