•Chapter 34•

Elara Beck
Today was the day we moved into the new apartment.
Yet it was a lot more difficult than I had ever planned with the amount of paparazzi around.
Ever since Shawn posted a photo of Frances and I, and released a statement they wouldn't leave us alone.
Mostly we had everyone's support.
Everyone was almost happy that the rumours had finally been confirmed.
Agnes was thrilled at the news that Shawn and I were becoming a proper family, though she had told me that Finn hadn't been pleased. But knowing Agnes she would have put him in his place no problem.

University had been difficult.
Especially with trying to pass my second year exams.
I had been doing most of my classes this year online but went in whenever I could when Shawn could look after Frances.
But now we were moving into the flat I could attend properly in my final year.
Shawn would plan his next album while I would do my last year of uni, then we had discussed the possibility of a tour which I knew he wanted to do.

My parents had been supportive throughout the whole process and when they finally met Shawn they were thrilled.
They loved him.
We had even had a family day we're both of our parents got to meet.
Shawn and I were delighted that everyone got on so well.

Our relationship was better than ever.
We had been officially together a few months, but we hadn't told each other we loved each other.
Not yet.
I don't think either of us felt we had had the right moment to say it but we both knew we loved each other.

"So, what do you think?" Shawn asked as we stood in what was going to be the living area.
"I think it's near perfect. Or will be once we get all sorted. Which I was hoping we could do for Frances' birthday?" I said and he looked at me with wide eyes.
"That only gives us a few weeks."
"I know. But it's her first birthday and how amazing would it be to have it here." I sighed and Shawn moved Frances up onto his hip more as he kissed my forehead.
"We'll give it a go."
"Thank you."
"But I will be in the studio more this year you know that don't you."
"Yes well we'll have to sit down and discuss when I'm not in and when Frances needs looking after ok?" I sighed and he nodded. "What's in your head?"
Shawn shrugged and walked into the next room.
I looked at Frances who was asleep in her makeshift cot.

I followed him into what would become our bedroom and closed the door behind me.
"Talk." I said and he sighed heavily.
"I'm just- I, no let's not do this now." He said, about to walk away, but I took hold of his upper arms and held him in-front of me. 
"We're doing this now. It needs to be out in the open." I said and he shuffled out of my grip.
"I'm just tired of being in the house. I'm tired of just singing to my computer. I want to be in a studio and start recording."
I sighed and ran my hands through my hair.
We'd had this talk so many times I had lost count.
"Shawn we can't keep going round in circles. Compromises have to be made. She's your baby."
"Can't you just drop out of uni?"
I stared at him for a moment, hoping he would take back what he had said.
But when he just looked at me with a confused face I had to hold back my anger.
"No. I've worked way too hard to get to this final year and I'm not giving it up now. So don't you dare ask me to compromise my dream."
"You're asking me to stop mine altogether! When really mine is already happening and at this moment in time is more important!"

I didn't stay to respond.
I knew I would say something I'd regret.
Instead I walked back into Frances who was sat up and rocking back and forth.
I stood a few paces away from her and sighed as she looked up at me, the dark hair on top of her head in spikes making me laugh.
"Fran, go tell your father to stop being an asshole." I said and she smiled showing her front teeth.
As I kept watching her, she got onto her hands and feet and my heart started to race.
She'd tried walking and talking but we'd only seen her wobble and say some incoherent sentences.
I watched with my eyes wide as she stood up on her feet, her arms outstretched.
"Shawn!!" I yelled. "Shawn!"

He ran in and quickly held my waist protectively.
"What is it?" He panted.
"Look look!" I said and pointed to Frances who was still stood.
I wiped away a stray tear and got onto my knees just infront of her.
"Here baby, come here! Come on Frances!" I squealed and she smiled and laughed at me.
She wobbled again but put one foot infront of the other.
"That's it. Come on baby." I grinned.
The tears fell slowly from my eyes as she started to wobbly walk over to us.
"Oh my god." Shawn said from beside me.
"Few more steps!" I squealed and Frances pattered and wobbled along until she fell into my arms.

I scooped her up and stood up.
Shawn quickly wrapped his arms around both of us.
"Good girl baby!" He said and kissed her cheeks over and over again.
She started to mumble and I smiled at her little baby phrases.
"She's amazing-"
"Mmm a, mmm a"
Both of us stopped talking and looked down to the baby in my arms.
"What?" I said, expecting a fully formed response from a twelve month old.
"Mmm, mmm,"
"She's trying." Shawn said and I felt as if I could have burst into tears.
It felt as if I was only bringing her home a week ago, and now she was walking, and almost talking.

"Elara im sorry for getting annoyed. I should respect you."
"You do respect me Shawn. I've never doubted that." I said and pressed a quick kiss to his lips.
"I love you" he said and I smiled and kissed him again.
"I love you too."