•Chapter 2•

Elara Beck
I wasn't the usual type to be clubbing.
But since it was summer and I had agreed to be more careless while I was here.
I was the designated sober for the evening, fully aware that none of my friends could resist being drunk.
We were on the edge of the dance floor, not a care in the world. Dancing and singing as loud as we could just moving with the beat.
My cheeks hurt with the amount of smiling and laughing I had been doing.
The dress I was wearing clung to me nicely and I felt like I didn't have to worry about anything.
The only thing I had to worry about was getting these girls back to their houses.

I swayed and moved my body to the beat of the song and got lost in the sound.
I was in my head, away with my thoughts when Agnes grabbed my hands.
"You know who Shawn Mendes is right?" She shouted and I scoffed rolling my eyes.
"Of course I do!"
"Well he's been staring at you non stop for about five minutes" she grinned and again I rolled my eyes.
"I'm serious!"
Agnes took a hold of my shoulders and put her lips down to my ear.
"The booth diagonal from where we are. In the corner." She laughed and I smirked before turning back to her.
"It's not him! I'm going to get a drink!" I yelled and she nodded as I turned away from her and started to walk along the edge of the dance floor.
As I got closer to the booth I realised with a skipping heart that it was him.
I pulled a smirk on my face and brushed my hair behind my shoulders hoping that he would stop me and talk.
But I passed his booth and he didn't stop me.
I felt embarrassed.
He probably wasn't even looking at me.
I carried on to the bar and sat myself down on a stool. 

I couldn't believe I was in the same club as Shawn Mendes. Part of me wanted to run up to him and ask for a photo but I scolded myself to try and stay cool and composed.
I was tapping my hand on the bar when someone slid into the space next to me.
"So, can I buy you a drink or what?"
I turned my head and kept a straight face, even though I wanted to smile so badly.
I shrugged.
"Sure"
He smiled and the action alone brought a smile to my lips.
"What are you drinking?"
"Well, I'm the designated sober for the evening so-"
"No she isn't. Get her whatever." I turned to my other side and Agnes was clinging onto my arms.
"Agnes!"
"It's Shawn fucking Mendes. I'll get George to come get us. Bye E!" Agnes shouted before stumbling away from me.

I stared down at the bar and I couldn't hold back the laugh any longer. I laughed at Agnes and her forwardness before turning to Shawn.
"Sorry"
"Well you're no longer designated sober so what shall I get you?"
"Espresso martini" I smiled and he nodded.
My heart was beating crazily. I hoped I looked ok.
He handed me my drink and I thanked him.
I felt awkward.
Do I walk away? Do I wait for him to say something?
"Would you like to talk?" He asked and I nodded.
As we walked away from the bar he put his hand on the small of my back and led me back to the booth he was previously in.
I shimmied into the booth and he climbed in next to me taking me by surprise.

He put his drink down before placing his arm behind me. I didn't know whether to move closer to him or just stay where I was. I stayed put but turned my body slightly towards him.
"So, tell me about you" he smirked.
"What do you want to know?"
"What's your name?"
"Elara." I grinned and he smiled as I sipped on my drink.
"Elara what?"
"Elara Beck" I giggled and he smiled.
"Nice to meet you Elara Beck. I'm Shawn" he smiled and held his hand out.
I took his hand and shook it.
My body yearned for me to move closer to him. My head was begging for me to just shuffle closer.
"What are you doing in Toronto?" He asked.
"Moved here from London when I was younger" I said.
"How old are you now?"
"Nineteen. And yourself?"
"Twenty two"

I couldn't help but admire how attractive he truly was in person.
The way the shape of his body was still clear under his clothes.
His hair curled and flowed in enchanting patterns.
The way his smile and his eyes could make any girls knees weak.
A photo was one thing, in person he was mesmerising.
I tried not to get ahead of myself. But he had shown an interest in me and I just hoped that interest wouldn't end before tomorrow.