Leap of Faith pt.3

(A/N- This is the last chapter of the leap of faith trilogy it's really long but it's worth it! Hope you like it❤️ p.s. sorry for taking so long school has been a bit hard for me recently)

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Thanks for waiting with me here Nev." We were currently sitting outside of the hospital wing because madam pomfrey had kicked us out when a major injury patient rolled in. Now we stood idly waiting for her to give us permission to enter. When I first went to the hospital wing I was alone, and found myself drifting off to sleep in the chair next to Williams hospital bed.

I woke up to Neville gently shaking me awake. He asked what I was doing and I told him waiting for William to wake up. To my surprise he offered to wait with me. So now here we are, me and Nev, sitting on the floor outside the hospital wing.

"No problem." He said as he continued reading his book. My head nuzzled into his shoulder, but jolted up as I felt another sharp pain in my upper back. I winced and grabbed Nevilles arm. He dropped his book and looked at me with worry. "Is it your back again?" I nodded.

"Shouldn't you have sprouted your wings already?" I nodded again. Unable to speak from the sharp pain I had just experienced. "I think you have to do something crazier than prank Malfoy like prank Dumbledore or Snape or something."

I want to consider his idea but..I'm starting to think I have to do something dangerous. "....I'll help you if I have too!!" He blurted. "What?" I muttered. "Your mother said the pain could get so unbearable, that if you don't sprout soon..you'll die... That's the last thing I'd ever want to happen, let me help you prank someone or just do something to stop that from happening."

He grabbed my hand and held it tight. I broke eye contact. "Look Nev..I'm starting to think...I might have to go the dangerous way.." his eyes grew wide and he rapidly shook his head. "No way! We don't know for sure! Let's try something else." He said getting up and pulling me. I didn't budge, I slowly looked at him. "No please Y/N! What if it's not the way? And you end up getting really hurt??"

"I have to try Nev! If I don't...I'll die no matter what! Just because of the pain alone. I can tell I don't have much time. So let's go..." I got up and started pulling him with me. We exited the castle, towards a far off cliff with a tree. I sat down leaning on the tree. "No no no please! It's to dangerous!" Neville kept saying.

"I know Nev which is why I just wanna sit here a moment...Enjoying the view." He nodded wearily and sat down next to me. "Isn't it beautiful?" I said sighing at the amazing view in front of me. He cleared his throat. "It is. You know Y/N, since you're gonna..you know..and we don't know how it might end...I..uh just wanted to tell you-" As he spoke an idea popped into my mind.

I'd hate to interrupt him but this idea might just work. "Nev!" He jolted back a bit. "W-what?" I grew a smile which made him confused. "I have an idea!!" I excitedly shouted. "What is it?" I took a book out of my book bag and opened it. "This spell is a bit complicated but might work." I said.

"Okay what are you on about?" He nervously asked. I shoved the book into his hands and pointed at a spell named Aressto Momentum. "This spell could stop my fall if it goes incorrectly! I just need you to be the one to cast it!" Neville raised his eyebrows. "M-Me?"
"Yes. You. Here's the plan, I'll jump and if my wings don't sprout by the time I'm really close to the ground you'll cast this spell and everything will be okay!"

"I-I don't know if I'm the best choice for this..what if I fail...I wouldn't be able to live with myself." He said, hyperventilating. I grabbed his hands and weakly smiled at him. "I trust you Nev." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Let's practice okay?" I climbed onto a nearby tree. It wasn't high enough to hurt me, but high enough to get me some air while jumping down.