A Return Of Many

(A/N- Another filler chapter but I hope you like it 🥰)

Y/N's P.O.V.

"No one? How disappointing...." Hermione lowered her hand. "Please sir, an Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice in the matter with each full moon when he transforms. He no longer remembers who he is. He'll even kill his own best friend if cross his path. Furthermore the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind-" Malfoy interrupted her by howling. One of his goons laughed.

I rolled my eyes. "Thank you, Mr. Malfoy....That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss granger. Tell me. Are you incapable of restraining yourself? Or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Snape snapped. "He's got a point Harry, you know." I glared at Ron. "Five points from Gryffindor! As to antidote your ignorance, on my desk by Monday morning. Two rolls of parchment on the werewolf with particular emphasis on recognizing it."

All the students groaned. "But sir it's quidditch tomorrow." Harry said as Snape stalked up to him. Leaning on his desk and getting a bit too close to his face. "Then I suggest you take extra care Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you...page 394." Snape needs to chill I swear. Snape began talking about the werewolf but I wasn't paying much attention because Harry had finally opened Malfoy's note. When he saw it's contents a frown grew upon his face.

I peeked over his shoulder to see a sketch of him getting struck by lighting repeatedly. I glared at Malfoy who just snickered. "Ignore him Harry, he's just trying to get on your nerves." Harry looked at me and frowned. I turned over to Neville who was taking notes. "Could you tutor me today? At the library?" I asked. He nodded. When Snape was looking away I leaned my head on his shoulder and watched him take notes.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Time skip
~~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

I finally sat down in the common room, tired from a long day of no Larissa and mean Professors. Neville sat beside me. "Odd day wasn't it?" I laughed. "No. I've been through odder." Just then Larissa walked into the common room. I quickly stood up and ran over to her. "Larissa!" I yelled embracing her in a hug. "Woah!..Whats wrong?" I let go of her and stepped back. "What do you mean what's wrong? You disappeared last night and then I didn't see you at all today! I thought of like a million worst case scenarios! What happened?! Where were you?!"

She hesitated for a moment. "I- was...it was a family emergency...at..home. My...dad..is really sick." I gave her a confused look. Something told me she wasn't telling the truth, but after a long day I decided to just be happy she had returned. "Oh..alright...well I hope things get better for him.." She nodded. "I'm just gonna go to the dorm now and take a nap." She said pointing at the stairs. "Okay.." When she ran up the stairs I turned towards Neville giving him a confused look.

He got up and walked to me. "What did she say?" He asked. "She said it was a family emergency...I'm a bit suspicious but I suppose I'll just be glad she's back." He nodded. Just then George and Fred entered the common room. "Ah Diggory just the person we were looking for." Fred said walking up to us. "There's a boy in front of the common room looking for you." George chimed in. William? No, they would know who he is. I turned towards Neville and shrugged. "What he'd look like?" I asked. Geogre scratched his head. "Hmm brown hair...kinda short..Hufflepuff?" Can't be Cedric, he's tall and they would know him too.

"He said his last name was man hole or something?" Fred added. "Man hole?!.......oh! Mahold! I know who you're talking about! Come on Nev it's John!" Neville made an 'oh' face and we hurried to the entrance of the common room. Before we left I turn back one more time. "Larissas back by the way. She's in our dorm. Do you reckon you could talk to her later? You and her are really close Fred." Fred's face lit up before turning red. George nudged him teasingly. "Alright." Fred answered. I smiled and ran out the common room. Seeing the familiar figure in front of me. At the sound of my foot steps he turned around.

It was John alright. When he saw me, he smiled. I ran up and tackled him into a hug. "Jeez didn't know you missed me that much." I let go and stepped back. "You have no idea!..Larissa went missing so I was really worried and then! Charms class was unbearable. I mean I love Professor Flitwick but Malfoy throwing stuff at my head was getting annoying." He raised his eyebrows. "I didn't know my absence would cause that much-"

"It's alright. Oh! I also wanna thank you for the present you got me. It's just socks but I'm glad you thought of me." He chuckled. "Of course." I could feel Neville standing awkwardly behind me. "John you remember Neville right?" I asked, grabbing Neville and pulling him to where he was next to me. "Hi." Neville muttered. "Oh your Y/N's boyfriend right?" My face flushed. "I-I well..."

"No he's not. He's my best friend." I chimed in. It hurt me to say but it was the truth. "..yeah." John looked between us. "Mhm right. Me and Ced have quidditch practice to attend for the upcoming game against Gryffindor." He playfully nudged me. "I'm gonna have fun winning against your house." I rolled my eyes. "Even if Hufflepuff won, I wouldn't be mad....but Gryffindors definitely gonna win. If they don't Oliver would drown himself or something." ;)

He scoffed. "What ever. See you later Diggory and her boyfriend!" He shouted as he walked off. "Same to you Mahold! Wait...HES NOT MY BOYFRIEND YOU GIT!!" I turned to Neville and shyly smiled. He was redder than a tomato. "Yeah..sorry about him." He chuckled a bit. "It's alright. Wanna go to the library now?" I nodded.

Next chapter~ BAD TIMING