The Redwolf Backstory

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Mr. Filch. Round up the ghosts. Tell them to search every painting in the castle for the fat lady." Dumbledore ordered. Just then there was a scream. I flinched, turning my head in the direction it came from. "They'll be no need for ghosts Professor." Filch said pointing towards the quivering fat lady. "Dear lady who did this to you?" Dumbledore asked. "Eyes like the devil he's got! and a soul as dark as his name..It was him headmaster. The one they talk about. He's here..somewhere in the castle...Sirius Black!" My eyes widened.

"Secure the castle Mr. Filch....the rest of you..to the great hall." The students began scrambling down the stairs. Causing me and Neville to split up. I was pushed and almost fell but George caught me. "Thanks George." I said steading myself. "No problem." He replied, flashing a cheeky smile. Neville pushed through the students to get to me. "Almost lost you for a second." He breathed heavily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time skip
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't sleep. I wasn't worried about Sirius Black until I heard he was on castle grounds. My mind was betraying me. Making me think of the worst. So I tossed and turned unable to rest. I faced towards Neville, his steady breaths calming me. Suddenly, he turned over in his sleep, causing our faces to only be a few inches apart. My face flushed and I looked down. Unfortunately the moment was interrupted by Fred's loud snores. I turned to see both the twins sleeping with their mouths hung open.

I chuckled, turning towards Neville, who happened to stare right back. "Oh Merlin!" I whisper yelled. His face pulled away. "Sorry! I thought you were asleep." He apologized. I stifled a laugh. "It's okay Nev, you just scared me." He smiled. "Can't sleep?" He read my mind. I nodded. "Yeah...just..worried. I mean, who wouldn't be?" He nodded, scooting his bean bag over to me. I giggled at this, because he looked like a worm. "Shush." He huffed, smiling. He held out his hand for me to grab which I did.

I closed my eyes trying to fall asleep. The last thing I remember was the sound of Neville softly humming my favorite song. At that moment I felt calm and safe.

"Y/N...Y/N wake up." I heard Nevilles voice as I was gently shaken awake. "What...?" I asked groggily opening my eyes. "It's morning. There's a new painting in front of the common room. Dumbledore said we can go back." I nodded, getting up. The twins were still asleep, and Larissa was nowhere to be seen. To be honest I don't even remember her coming to the great hall with us. "Nev did Larissa come with us into the Great hall last night?" He shook his head.

"No I remember her asking me what day of the month it was...and running off." He responded rubbing his eyes. "That's odd...I hope she's okay.." I muttered as I stretched. "Let's go look for her." I said holding my hand out to help him up. He took it and I lifted him. I spotted Jami and the trio chatting in the corner. We walked over to them. "Hey guys. Have any of you seen Larissa recently?" They all shook their heads. "No, has she gone missing?" Jami asked.

I shrugged. "Neville said she asked him what day of the month it was and ran off." Hermione thought for a moment, her face expressing an emotion I can't quite describe. "That is odd." Harry added. "We are gonna go look for her." I stated, beginning to walk away, Neville close to my side. "Wait for me!" I turned around to see Jami jogging up to us. I gave her a warm smile.

Larissa's P.O.V.

The forbidden forest is actually quite pretty in the morning...Your probably wondering why I'm in the forbidden forest at all. Well...last night wasn't the best. I remembered to take my potion but my horrible memory caused me to forget what day it was. *flashback to last night* "Secure the castle Mr. Filch....the rest of you...to the great hall." Dumbledore announced causing the students to start pushing through. I felt myself get carried away with the wave of terrified students. "Larissa!" I heard Fred call out. "It's okay Fred! I'll just meet up with you at the great hall!"