See You Soon

Neville's P.O.V.

I scrubbed the dishes carefully and put them away to dry. (My gran made dinner, so I chipped in by cleaning up the table and washing the dishes) Drying my hands on my pants, I went to the back door. Opening it and going outside to reveal a small garden growing in my backyard. There are fruits and vegetables, but a small patch of flowers was occupying the corner for a certain girl. Okay, I mean Y/N. I'm growing her flowers. They remind me of her perfume and are her F/C and everything. I picked one, holding it up to my nose and inhaling it's scent. I smiled to myself as I put it in my hair and walked over to the porch swing.

I sat down, observing the sunset. It reminded me of Y/N and I's first date. She picked me up and flew us to the top of Hogwarts castle. The sunset here isn't nearly as beautiful as that one, and is less fun to watch since I don't have her next to me. Although, it was still delightful to witness. I broke my stare when something approached me from above. It was Y/N's owl- well her fathers. It had brown feathers with a few grey ones near it's face. "Thank you." I told the owl, grabbing the letter from her beak. She leaned her head down, almost as to give me a nod and jumped off the swing. I opened the letter and read what was written down on the parchment inside.

Dear Neville,

Hi! I got amazing news! George invited me to the Quidditch World Cup! I get to go along with him and his family! I was wondering if you'd like to come with me? Has he already invited you? I'm sure he did! Right? Either way! I REALLY want to see you, this would be the perfect opportunity to do so! Ask your gran ASAP! Or whenever you can. No rush. I'm just SO excited! Write back to me when you get your answer, so I can purchase your ticket. Have a nice rest of your day, and hopefully I see you soon!

Love, Your Girlfriend (Y/N Diggory) :)

My heart raced. 'I might be able to see her!' Although..realization struck me. I'm not so sure my gran would actually let me go...but that doesn't mean I shouldn't try and ask! Another realization I had come to was, George...didn't...invite me. Maybe he forgot? And if he did that's..totally fine. He was probably so excited to send an invite to Y/N...he forgot to send one to me? Doesn't matter, because I know now. I swung the back door open, marching up to my grans room. Carefully lifting up a hand to knock. I hesitated, staring at the door for about five minutes. Eventually, I took a deep breath and softly knocked on the door.

"What?!" She yelled from the other side. "Gran! Can I come in and talk to you?" I asked, fidgeting with my thumbs. "Fine, but make it quick!" She shouted, I opened the door and stepped inside her room. She was laying down on her side looking out the window. "I was wondering if I could...go with my friends to the Quidditch World Cup which is coming up in..." I thought when it was being held, remembering the date and telling her. "..August 18th. Y/N said she'd buy a ticket for me. I'll use floo powder to get to her. I of course wanted to ask for your permission first...."

She laid in silence for a moment. Before glancing my way and muttering. "No. I have plans that day. Which I expect you to accompany me for." I swallowed hard, felling a knot form in my chest. "Yes, of course. Maybe next year..." I said, silently leaving her room and heading to my own. When I got there I sat on my bed, covering my face with my hands. A few tears slipped down my cheeks. 'Oh look at you. Crying just because your grandmother didn't let you see your girlfriend? How pathetic.' I used my sleeve to clean my face and held my head higher. Ignoring these intrusive thoughts. "You know what? It'll be okay, I just have to find a way to tell her...nicely."

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•
                                  Time Skip😤
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•