Chapter 25

Ed's POV:

I've been back with Winry for two days, and it's been enjoyable. I've forgotten how much fun we can have together.
I feel bad for everyone who's been cut out of my life as of late.
For example, Winry. We haven't spoken in forever due to conflicting feelings.

I knew for a fact she was jealous of my relationship. Jealousy, himself, told me that.
It's just that I didn't want to hurt her more than I have.
Now, the question is whether this crush still lingers.

I've never been separated from Envy for this long, and it's all really beginning to hit me. I do miss him, and feel shitty about our argument. It was all about something he did before he changed for the better....

Sometimes, breaks can be good. Considering I haven't spoken to Winry in forever, this visit means so much more.
We've done things together as we would as kids. For example, we baked with Granny. (To be fair, I watched for most of the time).

I've even visited Mom a few times. I quite enjoy reminiscing the old days, while enjoying the new days. No matter where I am, nothing makes me feel more at home than being with my Mom.

I'll confess, I miss Envy more than imaginable. I never would have expected it to hurt this bad. I wonder where he is? I do hope he's safe.

Back with Winry, we finish up for the day. I've been having fun helping her with automail, as she's keen on starting a legitimate business. It's quite fascinating that she's found her passion due to my dumb mistakes.

No matter where I am, I find myself desperately hoping for Envy to come for me. It may seem silly, but it truly hurts that he isn't around.

Still, I bring myself out of bed in the morning pursuing something to distract me.

-

"Hey, Ed. How was your sleep?" Winry inquires.

"Good" I reply, sitting down for breakfast.

"I made toast spread. I remembered how much you like it." She smiles.

It's moments like that which cause me to second guess her feelings for me.
I realize she's just trying to be nice, but I can't help but question her intent.

"Do you want to go for a walk later, by chance?" She asks.

"Well, sure."
In truth, I have no intent of doing any such thing. I just feel bad for how inactive I've been around her.

"Great! We can go down by the main street, and-"

I cut her off.
By accident, of course. This actually happens quite often. It's really just me daydreaming of Envy.

I go back upstairs for a bit.
I want to go back.

I accidentally fall asleep, and wake up several hours later.
Feeling bad, I meet with Winry, about to head out on a walk.

"You fell asleep for quite a while." She laughs.

I laugh with her.
"I'm sorry, just feeling a little stressed."

"Ah, I see." She responds.

We go on quite an eventful walk. Mainly talking about past memories, and experiences.
Overall, we really connect. It seems as if our relationship is beginning to mend. For the better, of course.

As we make our way back to the house, I realize how happy I am that we've reconciled. I didn't think about Envy for even a second.
This may be a time for new beginnings?

We soon become settled back into the house, and relax. Granny and Winry head to bed, but I stay up a little longer.

Just as I'm about to head upstairs, I hear faint knocking at the door. Odd timing for this hour, but I answer anyway.

I see the silhouette of a man.
Envy.
He came for me.