Chapter 24

Envy's POV:

I've been in central for 2 days already. The pain is really starting to sink in.
I've been working with Father, to my great dismay.
I figure since meeting Ed, my views have changed drastically. I no longer want to be immortal, I want to live as a human would. I couldn't stand to live while he can't. Whether this is just my common jealousy acting up, I find it hard to believe that I'm really admitting it.
Usually, I spend my time denying everything, and pretending to be better than others.
Now, I'm starting to embrace my feelings more, and realizing who I strive to be.
Obviously, Ed was the root of all these feelings.

-

As I go further in my day, one thing becomes very clear. All I think about is Ed.
I'm going fucking insane, as if I've never felt lonely until now.

I don't know what to do.
I know for a fact that Ed never wants to see me again, but in all truth, it breaks me.

I find myself nearing the station often, possibly waiting for the confidence to go back.

Its been under 48 hours, and I'm insane.

-

I never ended up telling Greed about it. I figured he didn't need to know.
I just preferred to keep it to myself,

I just need to get over this conflicting feeling as though I've deserted Ed. As though I'm betraying him. As though he's gone. He contributed to the issue as well- but my blame is skyrocketing.

-

"Hey, Greed. What are you doing?" I say, walking into the main room.

"Envy, just the person I'm looking for. I have some questions." He responds.

What could he want?
"Sure." I respond.

"So, you're back at Central. And that's cool."
I nod slowly.
"You're different. Are you okay?" He finishes.

"Wh-why do you ask? Im okay, truly..." I respond. 
Before I can leave the room, he asks "Well, how's Ed? You guys were together?"

I sigh. I guess there's not harm in telling him.
"I ran away, dammit. He discovered something, and I fled."
The swelling in my throat goes up, and I feel another throb of overall dwelling.

"That's a dick move" He says, in all honesty.

We talk for a bit. We speak about what we've missed lately, and just catch up. It feels nice. Greed was the one other person who I actually enjoy talking to.

"Greed." I say in a serious tone. "Do you think I should visit him. Do you think I should go back?" I question.
Considering everything, I'm very unsure.

"That's for you to answer, Envy. I know I would. It's all up to you."

An unknown emotion dawns on me. Rage, maybe? I miss Ed....

"You know what, Greed. I'm going. I'm going to find him. I can't continue like this."

"Glad to hear it." He yells to me, as I'm halfway out the door.

The first thing I do is buy the nearest train ticket. There's only one thing to keep my stress afloat, and its wondering whether he misses me as much as I do him.