Chapter 3

Edward's POV:

Tomorrow, Al and I head to central to stop the homunculi once and for all. We've already come up with a plan; When we get beneath central, we split ourselves by strength. We do some exploring and bring other military men. The only problems are that 1) Guns don't work on their species and 2) They are probably expecting us.

This is happening so fast. We have the chance to find Fathers secrets. I better not blow it.

We arrive in central. The train ride was long, though that's two rides in one week. The first thing we do is disguise ourselves. It's just enough to sneak our way through Central Command.

It wasn't all that hard to find the entrance to the basement; we had to look for the alchemy marks on the wall.
Central station is by far the most interesting. It's where everything gets done. Everything from the Drachma War to Bank robberies, it all comes back here. I can't wait to further explore it later. Think of ALL THE LIBRARIES!

"Okay, it seems safe to talk here" Colonel says.
"We must split into groups down here."

It's only Colonel, Hawkeye, Alex, Lan Fan, Fu, some other high-ups, Al and me. The more I think about it, I realize how idiotic this plan seems. We know the homunculi (aka, indestructible beings) are after us. How could this possibly be safe?

"Colonel-" I begin. Al shushes me. "It'll be fine, brother. I promise. Colonel knows what he's doing."

And so we split up. I'm with Hawkeye and Alex seems sturdy enough. Only time will tell.

We end up walking down a hallway straight as a line. It smells dewy, almost of death. I can tell the others sense it as well.

We arrive at a door lined with strange tubing. We look at each other. We didn't come all this way for nothing.
I open it. Oh what I would give to be in my bed right now.
The door leads to an even larger set of tubes, leading down further into a hallway.
Alex pushes me out of the way, and inspects the room first, his gun held tight.
Tch, like that's gonna do anything if you find a homunculus.

The room is clear. We continue to walk down the hallways. At that very moment, we hear a door close directly behind us.

"Fullmetal pipsqueak, its been a while."