Chapter 27

Ed's POV:

Yesterday caused a load of emotions. Mostly happy, I must say.
Happy because we've decided to start fresh. Our past relationship was mainly built off our similarities, much less our differences.
We've made a promise to stay completely transparent to each other, which will hopefully lead to less issues.

As an even bigger change, we're deciding to move apartments so I can be closer to Al. I feel that I haven't been speaking to him as often, so that needs to change.
I've also made the decision to work more hours with the military, as it's something I love.

We collectively decided that new beginnings are always beneficial to healthy relationships, especially considering this dilemma.

Today, we board the train back to East Station. We talk for so long that I can't document it all. All I can say is, our relationship is stable. I wouldn't call it "back to normal" considering we're starting fresh, but it's pretty damn close.

I want to make it clear that we've decided these things together, of course.

Now that our lives have come back into its normal motions, things are starting to brighten up. Winry has become way closer with me, and vice versa. Once I began telling her more personal aspects of my life, she's warmed up. This is what she wanted all along, of course. I've just been too much of a dick to realize that she was right.

Speaking of things brightening up, Envy's been working on cutting ties with Father. It might be a bit of a stretch for him schedule-wise, but I truly hope he can pull it off. The sooner Envy leaves Father, the sooner the military comes to taking him down.
Although Envy is basically Father's creation, Envy might just have a plan. Until now, of course, we wait.

I really, truly do hope that one day Envy and I can be together freely, safe from those wanting to hurt him alongside me.

-

Today is the day we will most likely begin renting a new apartment. The building is right down the street from Al, so we can work on our friendship a bit more.
The main contributing problem is that I haven't shown up to work in about a week. Directly meaning I haven't seen him. We've not made much process on getting our bodies back, but I hope we can make some new discoveries and research to progress.

Once Envy and I reach the front door, we take a step in. Unlike the other building, this one has an incredible view. Rather than facing the streets, it faces a park in which Envy and I have taken multiple strolls in.

"This is... perfect." Envy swoons.

"Agreed. Lets.. Get it." I respond.

"Are you completely sure?" He questions.

"Yes."

I look at him, and can immediately tell he feels the same way.

"Well- This is exciting." He smiles.

He hasn't done that in a while.

I smile back.
"Yes, yes it is."