Chapter 11

Winry's POV:

I'm not really sure how to feel about Ed lately. Ever since our visit, he's been acting weird. He barely pays attention to me.
It's true, I like Ed. I'm probably never going to tell him because, as he says, "emotions fuck everything up."
He's wrong, of course. I just don't know how to convince him otherwise.
That's why I'm heading to a friend's place. I love Ed dearly, but he can be so amazingly annoying. Like sugar, there's only so much you can take.

Last night, I just felt overcome with jealousy. It's so stupid, I know. I can't help but feel protective over Ed. We've been best friends our whole lives, after all.

If he cared about Envy, would it really be that bad? I've been almost positive that Ed liked me back... up until last night. I don't know why I'm worrying so much.
It's not like he's gay.
Right?

I've been crushing on a guy that will never like me back.

I swat away the negative thoughts. They aren't good for me.
Even if Ed doesn't like me back, I'm still his best friend. Al's too. That's what matters.

I really want to help Ed and Al, but I'm just a liability to them. No matter how hard I try, they still see me as just a childhood friend.

But where did Ed go last night? I can tell he's hiding something. If he's hiding it
from me and Al, it must be important.

The taxi eventually arrives at my friend's apartment. It's nothing unusual, I've been here before of course. Right before I walk through the door to her floor, a woman catches my attention. She had silky black hair, and a burgundy dress. Far overdressed, in my opinion.

"Hello Winry Rockbell" she says, as if trying to seduce me. Somehow, she feels familiar.
"Hello, do I know you?" I ask.
"Not exactly, girl. I know you. That's what's most important."
Maybe I've seen her in the newspaper?
"I'm afraid I don't understand. Are you a friend of Ed's?" I question.
This is getting weird.
"Not exactly"
That's when I notice it. The tattoo Ed had told me about a few visits back. The ouroboros. Right above her overexposed breasts. That could only mean-

It's at this moment she violently grabs my hand and leads me into the first door on the left.

"Please don't- I have a friend I'm visiting! Please don't kill-" I beg. If there's anything Ed's taught me, it's that homunculi are vicious creatures.
"Idiotic humans. I wasn't going to kill you. I just wanted to let you know... Ed and Envy are together at this very moment. They might even be lovers." She smirks at me.
"That's not true. If so, how would you know and why would you tell me" I question.
"I like to ruin lives and desires of others in my spare time. I only know because I overheard Envy talking about it."
I look up at her eyes. She doesn't appear to be joking- which makes this whole interaction dumber. She looks at me longingly. As if we used to know each other.
"I'd like to be on my way now" I conclude.
"Leaving so soon? Awe. Have it your way."
She blows me a kiss and gestures toward the door. I walk away.

Even though she has a direct connection to Envy, I have trouble believing her. It can't be true. Ed would have said something. I try to tune out my thoughts of Ed for the rest of the day- to no avail. My curiosity of him and Envy deepen.

Envy's tried to kill him on multiple occasions. There's no way.