Chapter 3- Going to Highschool Part 2 (2020)

Even as a ghost, waking up at 7 am in the morning is hard. Technically we didn't need to sleep, but at the club it seemed like we were basically alive again, so I sleep. It was going to be weird going back to school. Technically, I was almost 100 years old, but it still felt like I was 16. 

Deciding to make an impression, I started to give myself natural makeup that made my blue eyes pop. I put my hair half up and half down, with pieces falling out and framing my face. I picked out my clothes, knowing that whatever the weather was, I wouldn't get hot or cold. 

I twirled around in my mirror smiling once I had gotten dressed

I twirled around in my mirror smiling once I had gotten dressed. I didn't have an exact style, considering the amount of decades I have lived in.  I admired myself one more time before grabbing my backpack. I headed out of my room, almost running into Willie. I glared at him playfully.

"Omg watch where you're going." I held in a laugh, faking a valley girl accent.

"Ha ha, very funny, you fake that attitude now..." I roll my eyes.

"You've known me how many years." I fake being hurt, earning an eye roll. "Walk me to school?"

"Sure, then I'll go skateboard Justin Bieber's empty pool while you study."

"I think you mean you'll wipe out while I make a bunch of new friends." I grinned as he laughed.

"At least you're funny, maybe you have a shot at being the class clown." 

"Whatever Willie. Let's go I'm going to be late." We poofed away together, landing in a back ally  about a block away. I made it so only I was visible, before pulling out my cell phone. I didn't use it much, but I had one to help me blend in. 

"How rude." 

"I'm acting like I'm on a call so I don't seem crazy talking to air stupid." I didn't even look at him, and I knew he was rolling his eyes. It was a habit he picked up from me, which I wasn't completely proud of, but hey, I had to deal with grabby men my whole afterlife. We walked in silence until we reached the school. 

"Are you sure you want to do this? It's not too late to back out if you want to." I took a deep breath. 

"Yeah, I'm sure." I turned slightly to give him a small smile. I could feel the nerves pile up inside of me. I knew I had the strength to keep myself visible and touchable for long amounts of time, but part of me worried that my powers would falter, which would require a lot of explaining. "If I need anything, I'll call you." He nodded. My dad had gotten him a phone as well, hoping that he could keep me safe, or come to help me whenever I needed it. 

"Okay," He paused, and I was now looking at him completely, still holding the phone up to my ear. 

"See you after school?"

"Same alley." I laughed. 

"Okay, see ya." I gave him once last smile, walking away and lowering the phone.  Los Feliz High School was big, which would hopefully help me keep my cover.