Chapter 7- Ace (2020)

"Cami, Cami." I woke up with a start, Willie shaking me awake. He was looking down at me worried. "Thank god you're awake."

"Why?" I sat up, a pounding in my head.

"You've been asleep for a day. Your dad is pissed." I stood up immediately, frantic.

"What do you mean one day? I missed school?"

"Yeah, its Friday. Also your phone has been blowing up, from Julie" 

"Crap." I grabbed my phone, which showed multiple notifications.

Hey I just want to make sure you got home

Are you okay?

Please tell me you got home alright.

Me and the guys are worried, would it be okay if they tried to find you? I just want to make sure you are okay

Are you going to school today?

Flynn is worried too.

I'll get your work.

I sighed, smiling a little. It was nice that she cared.

I'm okay, I just passed out for a while, it was just a lot for me. I'm coming in late today, I'll see you before lunch. Tell everyone I'm okay, and thank you for worrying about me.

I sent the text, setting the phone down beside me.

"Don't tell me I have to face my dad." Willie gave me a tight smile. I sighed loudly, falling back onto my bed. "I think it would be terrible if I missed anymore school, so I should just go now, see you later."

"That's not a good idea Cami." I rolled my eyes as I picked out my outfit.

I quickly changed, tying my hair up with a few pieces framing my face

"If my dad asks, I ignored you and left for school. Don't even worry about trying to cover for me." He nodded, before poofing out. I followed suit, grabbing my skateboard before leaving.

-----------------

I managed to fake an excuse, making it to school right before lunch. I jogged over to Julie, who was with Flynn at her Locker.

"Cami, thank God you're okay. I got really worried." I smiled at Julie, catching my breath.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm iron deficient, so sometimes I get really light headed." I lied, hoping she would buy it. It wasn't too far stretched, definitely possible, so the lie was believable.

"That would be a great way to get out of gym class." Flynn said, pushing her braids to the side.

"You're not wrong, but then I don't think they'd let me do dance."

"True, and from what Julie was telling me, I missed you killing it on the dance floor." I laughed a little, blushing at Flynn's compliment. 

"I'm okay."