Chapter 4- Skill Sets (2020)

Julie and I jogged out of the gym, almost running over a short kid. 

"Hey nice job." A guy held out his hand towards Julie, which she absent mindedly high fived. We made it another 5 feet, before Noah and another girl stepped in front of us.

"Julie, those holograms were so cool. It was like we were at Coachella, but like, not in the desert, and without the sweat. " 

"Thanks." The girl next to him gave Julie a high-five.

"Hey Cami." I give him a small smile, before Julie grabbed my wrist and pulled me behind her. Once again, we didn't make it a total of 5 feet before another guy with blonde hair stopped us.

"It's true. That was incredible." By the look on Julie's face, I could tell instantly she liked this guy. 

"It was way better than when you cried and ran out." I recognized the girl from Dirty Candy, the one who was in the front. Of course what was on the outside matched what was on the inside. I glared at her, but she wasn't even looking at me. 

"Hey, um, maybe we should get to science." The guy said, looking uncomfortable.

"Uh, yeah. Maybe you can study the chemical properties of manners." 

"Hold on Julie, I think she needs to know what those are first." I added, giving the girl a noticeable once over.  That's when she took notice of me, sending a glare my way. 

"Was that supposed to be a comeback? Wow. " I kept eye contact with her, not breaking it.

"Wow yourself." Julie said.

"Another winner." The girl in pink broke eye contact with me, but before she turned around to walk away, I blew her a kiss and walked past her, shoving her shoulder a little bit. She made a small shocked noise, but I kept walking, smirking to myself. Julie caught up with me, holding back a small laugh.

"You missed the look on her face when you blew her that kiss."  I laugh a little.

"What did it look like." She mirrored a shocked but angry expression, causing me to laugh a little bit more. We rounded the corner, and instantly ran into the guys. Beanie was standing on the legs of Flannel and Fannie pack.

"Julie!" The three yelled in unison, causing me to jump, as Julie let out a loud yell. I tried to make it look like I jumped because of her yelling.

"Dude what was that for?" I looked at her confused. She sent a quick glare are them.

"You. Stop doing that. I'm serious." She turned to me. "It's the guys, you know, the ghosts." She whispered the last one.

"Ohh, okay." Honestly, I think I should be getting an award with the acting I've been doing.  

"Woah woah, this one is on you. We were already here. Actually, we were over there, and then we came over here. I followed Julie's gaze, but made sure I was focusing behind them, making sure that it looked like I couldn't see them.

"Are we not going to talk about what just happened?" Beanie said excitedly. 

"The whole school saw you. Kinda freaking me out." Julie said. Yeah, freaking me out too.  I thought. This whole thing felt off to me. It always crossed my mind that other ghosts would have similar abilities to me and my father, but after years of looking for them within the HGC, I pretty much gave up. But it was weird, because they weren't visible to lifers on command, only when they played music.

"Who's your friend?" I broke my gaze and looked at Julie. I had completely zoned out, and missed a lot of the conversation. To no  surprise, Flannel had asked that question.