Chapter 15- Dude We're getting the Band Back Together (2020)

I wouldn't call being at Flynn's a sleepover. Once we got back from the dance there was a mix of tears and anger. I was pissed, while Julie was just a mess of both. I don't blame her, it took a lot of courage to perform and I could tell that she felt like she let the whole school down. I was just angry at them because they hurt her. I understood the want to get revenge, if I could I would have done so many things to my mom, for ruining my life. Thankfully my father stopped me from doing anything too reckless. But sometimes revenge is all you can think about, so if I were in the boy's shoes, I would have done the same thing. 

Once everything got settled down, and Flynn and Julie were asleep, I let go of my visibility. I managed to get a few hours of sleep, but I kept waking up to make sure that both of them were still sleeping. I tried to make myself visible self-consciously, but I had no clue if it would work while sleeping.  Finally I fell asleep for real, exhaustion taking over me. 

---------------------

I woke up to the sound of Julie yelling and scrambling around.

"Jesus what time is it?" I mumbled, rolling back over onto my stomach.

"It's almost 4th period we have to go." I sat up, now fully awake.

"Where's Flynn?" She shrugged, throwing her things in a bag. I climbed out of my makeshift bed of blankets and pillows, grabbing my bag. Nothing too fancy was in it, just a white cropped tee and a pair of ripped mom jeans.

 Nothing too fancy was in it, just a white cropped tee and a pair of ripped mom jeans

I tied my hair up in a loose bun, noting that there was no time to brush my teeth. Julie practically ripped out my arm as we ran out of the house. Thankfully Flynn didn't live too far from the school, and we were able to make it back at the start of 4th. We changed into our dance clothes, before running into the studio. Everyone else was already dancing along with the teacher, making it very awkward for us.

"Oh, Julie and Cami, how nice of you to join us."

"We're so sorry, we overslept."

"Take your spots." The teacher pointed behind her, not missing a beat in the dance. We lined up next to Flynn, giving us an innocent look.

"So, why didn't you wake us up. We missed our first three classes." Julie said, already dancing.  I shrugged, not really caring. It's not like I need them for anything. 

"You said you were never gonna show your face at school again. And I'm a very literal person." Flynn said quietly, the teacher yelling out instructions.

"She's right, you were very dramatic last night." Julie glared at me, causing me to put my hands up in defense. "Rightfully so."

"It's okay.  It those stupid ghosts I'm really upset at. I'd Kill them if they weren't already dead. " I nod in agreement with Julie.

"Having a band is supposed to help your social life, not ruin it."

"Ex-band." Julie and I said at the same time. I scoffed, cracking a smile.