Chapter 6- Sunset Curve (1995)

I walked around the club, smiling and sharing small talk with some of the club members. It was our last night in hollywood for a while, and I knew I was going to miss it. Like my father, Hollywood was my favorite place to perform and have the club at. He often told me that he liked it because of the talented musicians that joined.

The clock stroke midnight as the room started to fog up with smoke rolling across the floor. I excused myself before poofing backstage. I quickly changed out of my normal costume, exchanging it for a long sequined navy dress. I added striking silver contacts as well, knowing they would match the feeling of the song.

 I added striking silver contacts as well, knowing they would match the feeling of the song

"The witching hour is upon us my beloved guests

"The witching hour is upon us my beloved guests." My dad spoke with hushed tones, making the crowd grow quiet. "As many of you know, this is our last night in Hollywood. So why not add some of that Hollywood glamour to our last show." He grinned, scanning his eyes across the audience. Most of them were leaning fowards in their seats, awaiting the next event. My father remained silent, for a moment, building up the suspense even More. "Boo." With that whisper, every light in the club went out, causing the audience to cheer. I poofed to the middle of the stage, but they couldn't see that.

Slow soft music started to play behind me, making the murmurs of the crowd go silent again. I smirked to myself, knowing the power that I held over them.

"I should have known" I sang softly, white lights slowly coming up behind me.

"I'd leave alone" More and more fog came up around me, and with the light reflecting off of my dress, I looked like a true ghost.

"Just goes, to show." The lights still were low to the ground, and so was my gaze. I focused on the ground, not letting the crowd see my contacts yet.

"That the blood you bleed is just the blood you owe." At the same time, I looked up and the light s behind me swung up, highlighting everything behind me. The crowd gasped, causing me to smirk again.

I sang through the next chorus, just standing at my mic stand, looking around the room. As I came to the last line, I started to walk forward, making the mic and it's stand disappear with the flick of my hand.