021

╔═══════封印═══════╝

╔═══════
封印
═══════╝

making someone fall for you when your personality is shit was a lot harder than sukuna had actually thought.

the demon king had believed that with his infamous condescending look, he'd be able to capture kiyo's heart once and for all, but the girl's heart was far from being conquered.

"why aren't you already head over heels for me?", sukuna asked, trudging alongside the priestess, who had just slightly smiled.

"I could ask you the same", kiyo replied, though quite honestly, she didn't really expect the demon king to love her, as she would consider herself as quite the unlovable person.

every adult that she had ever grew up with had given her stares comparable to that of looking at a cockroach.

they despised her because she was born a girl, and couldn't compare to satoru, even though they were somewhat on par with each other.

she was always the other gojō, the second choice, the weaker one, until she had met getō of course.

"who says I haven't?", sukuna smirked, to which kiyo had let out a slight chuckle.

"what you feel for me isn't love. it's most likely a mix of hatred, fascination, and a fun game".

sukuna merely kept quiet as he kept his arms crossed, walking in silence as kiyo didn't mind that she had hit the nail on the head.

"then how else does one love?", the pink-haired demon suddenly asked, to which kiyo had glanced over, a bit baffled at the seriousness.

"have you never treasured something?"

"why would I when I can get anything and everything I want, whenever I want?"

kiyo softly sighed. "to love...you first need compassion", the girl said, to which sukuna's face had unconsciously scrunched up, making the girl chuckle.

"and trust that takes time to build up...along with the actual mindset of trying to understand that person; to accept their flaws and to share a burden with each other...", kiyo softly explained.

"but you must not take things for granted, because they can and they will one day fly away without you noticing", kiyo mumbled, making sukuna look over at the solemn girl, who although her expression didn't change much, he could hear it in her tone.