027

╔═══════封印═══════╝

╔═══════
封印
═══════╝

"not going to bed yet?", satoru asked, shedding off his dark haori and draping it over kiyo's petite shoulders.

"no. I'm not sleepy", kiyo answered, gently touching the fabric that was placed on her shoulders as she felt a warm hand pat her head.

"still thinking about him?", satoru questioned, removing his blindfold momentarily as he kneeled beside kiyo, who was sitting on the wooden floorboards of the hallway that led to the backyard.

her legs dangled above the empty space that was propped up by rectangular blocks beneath the house, meanwhile her focus was on the serene night, accompanied by the crickets' singing.

"don't you?", kiyo asked, reversing the question.

"tōji's dead now. he can't hurt you anymore", satoru softly assured, making kiyo quietly sigh.

"no...that's not it...it's suguru", kiyo whispered, her voice barely audible.

"if I weren't so weak then, he wouldn't have—"

"you weren't weak, just surprised. I would've been too if I heard that you got killed by some random non-sorcerer", satoru interrupted, making kiyo lightly chuckle a bit.

"he's not random", kiyo defended.

"oh yeah? it's not like he totally just popped out of nowhere and decided that it'd be a good day to kill us", satoru sarcastically remarked, to which kiyo just laughed.

"okay okay, you win", the girl surrendered, having to have never been able to out talk her twin.

satoru only gave kiyo a victorious grin.

"anyways, I'm gonna go sleep now. tomorrow's the tournament and I've got to prepare the students before greeting the ones from heiankyo", satoru yawned, to which kiyo had just nodded.

"oh!! I almost forgot, here's the bead that I stole from sukuna and a letter from your precious little yūta", satoru said, handing his sister the said items as kiyo had quickly opened the new mail.

"I haven't heard from yūta in a while. I'm glad that he's doing well", kiyo smiled as she skimmed through the first page, stuffing the rest back into the envelope as she was going to read the rest later.

"yeah, well goodnight now. you should head to bed too", satoru said, waving as he stumbled back into the main room of the house, entering his own room.