032

╔═══════封印═══════╝

╔═══════
封印
═══════╝

"I hope you didn't forget your duty".

kiyo kneeled before the higher ups beside satoru as they had decided to make a surprise visit to the gojō household early in the morning.

thankfully nozomi was asleep beside sukuna, meanwhile hakaku was on top of the demon king, as the three had immediately passed out once they got home from the previous night.

"I did not, sire", kiyo replied.

"THEN WHY ISN'T SUKUNA SEALED AWAY YET?! WHY IS HE OUT STROLLING DOWN THE STREETS DURING THE AUTUMN FESTIVAL LAST NIGHT?!", the male shouted, throwing the tea cup onto the floor as the pieces shattered near the two gojōs.

satoru would've killed all the higher ups if it weren't for kiyo squeezing his hand to calm him down.

"my apologies sire, but I have a proposition", kiyo boldly stated.

"speak", he growled.

"sukuna may be the most brutal demon of all times, but recently he's been showing a change in attitude. I suggest we give him a chance and—"

"BULLSHIT!"

"lady kiyo, I used to think that you were at least a sensible woman, even if you're lacking compared to satoru-kun, but now..."

"want to repeat that?", satoru threatened, lifting part of his blindfold as his crystal blue eye glared at the old man, to which he had shivered in fear as he meekly shook his head.

"n-no thanks".

satoru scoffed as he let his blindfold fall back down, meanwhile the head of the daimyos had cleared his throat.

"how do we know he's changed? for all you know, he could be pretending".

"I assure you sire. though he's still a bit rough around the edges, he's yet to kill or hurt anyone other than the demons we've encountered so far", kiyo reported, deciding that it'd be best to not mention the edo versus heiankyo incident.

"there's no guarantee. it's too risky", the man immediately shot down.

"could we at least...give sukuna a chance?", kiyo asked. "instead of him being our strongest enemy, he could be our strongest ally!"

"absolutely not!! we're not taking any chances and that is final!"

"but—"