one

[was not aware that helen swan (charlies mom) had passed, so we gonna act like she hasnt]

"Elizabeth, are you ready to go?" I look around my now empty room before walking out. "Yeah. I guess." I turn and look at my grandma as she stands in my doorway. "I sent Charlie all your plants a few days ago, I was told he set everything up." I nod, grabbing the last bag. "I know you don't really wanna go, but Charlie's worried about Bella and perhaps you can help." I roll my eyes, walking out. "That's not what I meant-" "It's exactly what you meant. He's always so worried about Isabella. I'm his daughter too ya know." I snap as I walk down the stairs. "Elizabeth, you haven't seen him since your parents divorce, you can't be mad that he's worried about Bella." "Watch me." The entire car ride to the airport is tense and quiet.

"Call me when you get there." Grandma waves as I shut the door. This is gonna so fun. While I wish I could've slept through the plane ride I couldn't, not while I was busy thinking about the fact that I'm going back to dad's. I haven't seen him since he and mom split up. Bella chose mom and I chose grandma. When the plane lands, I call grandma, just to let her know I got to Washington. "He said he's at the exit, so find him there." I nod despite knowing she can't see me. "'Kay. I'll talk to you later, I gotta go." I hang up, clutching my bag tightly as I walk. This is absolutely terrifying, never have I had to fly or meet with my dad alone.

I just barely find him at the exit. It was easier since he had his uniform on, of course. "Hey," He pauses, awkward practically radiates off of him. "Kiddo... You uh, you ready to go?" I nod as he opens the trunk, setting my bag in. As we're driving, the atmosphere is tense, extremely awkward, and uncomfortably silent. "Your uh, your hair looks nice. I like uh, I like the red." He tries to ease the tension as he talks. I look down at the strands hanging and nod. "Um, thanks. I dyed it last week." He nods and the conversation ends there. We pull up to the house and I notice an orange truck in the driveway. Must be Bella's.

Dad leads me inside after I grab my bag. "I got your room all set up, so it's all ready for you." [room pictured above] I walk in to find things actually situated exactly like I had at grandmas. "Thanks, Charlie." He nods. "It's uh, it's no problem. I have something coming for you later today." I nod. "Great um, I'm gonna get a shower, if that's cool." "Yeah uh, I cleared off a shelf for you in there too." After a hot shower, I sit in the bathroom for a minute, just to try to take everything in. A knock on the door pulls me from my thoughts. "Hey, get dressed, dad wants you." I drop my head into my hands breathing in warm air from the shower before nodding. "Yeah. I'll be out in a minute."

I quickly pull on my shorts and my jumper before walking out, tying my hair up as I do. "Grandma let you dye your hair?" Bella stands there, looking pale as ever. "Yeah. She even bought the bleach and dye." I walk past her, down the stairs. "It's a bit cold, I'd recommend wearing pants." Bella adds. I shrug, continuing to walk, slipping my shoes on at the door before walking out. Dad sees me and his eyebrows raise a bit. "Ah, Elizabeth, come here." I lean against the orange truck beside me as I stand there."Nice truck." I point to the dark blue truck behind the guy standing.

My face goes red as he smiles, his sharp canines only serving to make him more attractive. "I'm Billy." The man in the wheelchair holds his hand out. I take it in mine with a smile. "Elizabeth." "This is Jacob." He points to the boy beside him. "I'm glad you're here, your dad hasn't shut up about it since you agreed." "Now that's not tr-" Billy cuts him off, shaking his head. "Just admit it, Charlie." He chuckles as dad rolls his eyes. "Yeah, okay." Jacob looks over at me, thumbing to his truck. "So uh, what do you think?" "It's nice." I step closer to see it better. "Yeah, it's nice." Dad nods at Billy before looking at me. "It's yours." "What?" Jacob smiles again causing my heart to race. "I uh, fixed a few things so it'd work better for you."

"This has got to be a joke." I pause, noticing Jacob smiling wider and my dad shakes his head. "Not a joke. You've got your license, right?" "Well, yeah, grandma just never let me drive." I shrug until dad hands me a set of keys, a small wolf attached to it. "Wow." I whisper, scanning the wolf over to take in all the details. "I made that." Jacob mentions, pointing at it. "That's awesome. Thank you." My dad nudges my shoulder, pointing to the truck. "You gonna take it for a drive?" "Oh, fuck yeah." I slap my hand over my mouth quickly as I look up at him. "It's cool, kid. You're sixteen, bound to curse. Now, if you wanna get snacks for tonight, go." "What are we doing tonight?" Billy smiles, holding up a case of beer. "Watching the game."

"I'm so in. Is Bella gonna it watch with us?" Jacob sighs, looking down. "She probably isn't." I suppress the need to roll my eyes and nod. "Cool. You want anything?" I turn to my dad and he shakes his head but pulls out his wallet. "Get snacks for you and Jacob, we don't have any here." I turn to the boy who rubs the back of his neck as he stands there. "Wanna come with?" He nods. "Yeah, okay." I smile and jump into the truck, having to move the seat up because Jacob had clearly driven last. "Hurry back, game starts in half an hour." Dad takes his hands off the door, stepping back. "And be careful." "Sure thing, Chief Swan." I sarcastically salute before pulling out.