four -edited-

The next day Bella wakes me up again. "Come on. I want you to come to Jake's with me again." "No way. You saw what happened yesterday. He doesn't want me around." My cheeks get hot again as I sit there thinking about it. "He felt bad afterward." She messes with her ring as she stands there. "Whatever. I'll drop you off, but that's it. We're taking my truck cause I'm going somewhere." She nods slowly. "I get it. Maybe come back with pizza? I'll be there for a few hours. I think Embry and Quil are coming over too." She elbows me as I stand causing me to smile slightly. "Fine. I'll bring pizza. Jacob can't have any." I pull my jumper off, as I walk to my closet, turning back to Bella quickly. "And don't go getting any ideas. I don't like Embry like that, he was just nice."

I point at her, my eyebrows creased sternly. She holds her hands up in defense as she nods. "Gotcha. I'm going downstairs, hurry up." She walks out, right before dad walks in. "House got a call last night, from a boy named," He trails off, trying to think before snapping his fingers. "Embry. Said he got the house number from Billy. He asked for you but you were asleep and I didn't wanna wake you up." I nod as he sets something on my bed. "His number. Asked that I'd give it to you." I nod again. "You know who he is?" "I met him at Jacob's yesterday before I left." He nods carefully sitting on my bed. "Can I ask why you slept so much yesterday?" "Just tired." He nods dropping his hands to his thighs before nodding again and standing. "You know, I'm here if you need to talk." "I'm okay, thank you."

He nods again, walking out. God, I wish I was back in Colorado. I sit on my bed, picking up the paper, numbers scribbled down. No way am I getting myself caught up with a guy, not happening. I quickly pull on sweatpants and a jacket over my tank top before slipping shoes on and walking downstairs. Bella looks up at me, throwing her hands up slightly. "Sorry, come on." I drive to Jacob's, my heart dropping as I pull in and he walks to Bella's side. "I was wondering what was taking so long, but I get it now." He rolls his eyes, narrowing his eyes at me. I look away as my brows furrow, making me look angry despite me not being angry.

"I'll bring pizza later." I say as I pull her door shut, throwing my truck in gear and pulling out so quickly that the tires squeal when they hit the road. Why am I getting so worked up? He doesn't like me, big deal, there are tons of people who don't like me. I pull over, watching the people across the street jump into the water. Three of them, similarly built to the three I had seen in the woods. It seems like fun, then again, sitting in a tree in the woods also seems like fun right now. I pull the keys from the ignition, abandoning my truck, and leaving my phone in the passenger seat as I walk into the woods. The sun filtering through the trees, and animals chirping and making noise all around me.

A tree near the edge of the cliff catches my attention, branches big and low enough for me to climb. I climb as high as I can, sitting and letting my feet dangle as I watch the water below, waves crash against the rocks, and people splashing and smiling as they do. I pull my feet up, back against the tree, looking up at the blue sky for who knows how long. "Having fun up there?" A gruff voice asks from beneath me. I don't look to find out who it is. "Was until you showed up." They laugh. "Totally fair. I'm Sam." "I'm trying to act as if I don't exist, can't do that when you're talking to me." They laugh again, I can hear shoes on the tree and small grunts of effort. I look down, there stands the guy from yesterday. I drop myself down, branch by branch until I meet him. "I saw you in the woods yesterday."

He nods, his face immediately going serious. "That's exactly why I'm here because, no you didn't." I scoff, dropping down another branch to be on the same one he is. "And who's gonna keep my mouth shut?" I snap, as he leans forward, his face inches from mine. "Who am I kidding." He scoffs, smirking. "Who's gonna believe the kid who nobody talks to anyway?" He shrugs as I push down past him, dropping to the ground. "You knew you had nothing to worry about but proceeded to harass me anyway." I roll my eyes, walking farther into the woods. "I didn't come to harass you. I came to tell you, you might've seen us, but you never saw that wolf." The black wolf that stood there, golden eyes that pierced into me flashes through my brain.

I shudder at the thought, continuing to walk. "Whatever dude. I didn't see shit, got it." A warm hand slips around my wrist tightly. "I'm serious, damn." I snap, turning around. His eyes narrowed slightly. "Not even your sister." I nod, realizing his hand is significantly warmer than a regular person's. "You're extremely warm." I state, looking down at his hand. His shoulders square out and he nods. "Not a word." He snaps before taking off. I roll my eyes, still walking, the sun slowly slips down, the sky turning shades of orange and pink. I climb another tree, the branches are thick and climbable up until I get to the top. I watch the sun drop beneath the horizon, the air becoming stagnant and cold.

After a while I finally climb down to get out of the starting rain, going back the way I came, the wind picks up, blowing rain in my face, soaking through me, freezing me. I pull open my truck door, wrapping the blanket I had shoved behind the seat around my shoulders as I hop in, my phone ringing. I grab it, not checking the caller ID. "Hello?" "Elizabeth. Where are you? I've been trying to get ahold of you for two hours!" Dad. "I'm so sorry. I didn't have my phone on me, I was just walking around the woods in La Push." "You can't just leave your phone and go off. You had me worried sick." "I said I was sorry. I'm fine. I'm going back to Jacob's to see if Bella still wants pizza, if not, I'm coming home." I hang up, dropping my phone to the floor.