three -edited-

The next day, I get woken up by Bella who scares me since I'm not used to her waking me up. I sit up quickly, hitting my head into hers, wincing at the loud crack that resonates through the room. "Jesus Christ, Isabella. Back the hell up." I snap rubbing my head. "Sorry." She rubs her head as well, moving back. "I uh, I found something and I wanted you to uh, come with me." I scoff, lying back, pulling my blanket over my head. "Fuck that. I'm going back to bed." "We're going to Jake's." She singsongs his name as if it'll make me get up. "Double fuck that." I growl, pulling my blanket tighter when she goes to rip it away. "Elizabeth, come on. It's really cool, you're gonna love it." I roll my eyes, scoffing again. "Fine whatever. Just get the hell out." She completely rips my blanket off me that time as she walks out. "Dammit." I growl, slamming my door behind her.

I pull on a pair of ripped jeans, an MCR shirt, and a black/white flannel, adding my black Docs to it. I walk out and Bella laughs. "You look so gay." "As far as you know, I am." I snatch her keys out of her hand and walk down the stairs past her. "You don't even know where we're going!" "Then explain as I drive." I smirk, jumping in her truck, ignoring the tarp covering something huge in the bed. "I don't even wanna know what's in there." "Dad can't know about them." She states quickly, pointing to the tarp-covered objects. "I don't even know what the fuck they are. I don't care." Bella directs me the way to Jake's simply because I didn't want to sit in the passenger's seat.

I pull in, throwing the truck in park. "Do I have to go in or can I just drop you off?" I look over at her, pulling my best puppy dog eyes. "You have to go in. Get out, come on." She leans over, opening my door. I roll my eyes, dropping out. Jacob immediately comes running out, wrapping his arms around Bella's waist in a hug, spinning her around. "Where the hell have you been, loca?" A pang of jealousy shoots through my chest, causing me to seem like a total bitch. I cross my arms over my chest, leaning against the truck. Jacob sets her down with a chuckle. She moves her hair out of her face. "I uh, I brought you something. It's a little crazy." She rips up the tarp.

Two motorcycles sit in bed, not in the worst shape, but definitely not in the best. "Wow, scrap metal." Jacob looks over at me, still leaning against the truck, arms crossed over my chest like a child. "And that, you shouldn't have." "I saved them from the junkyard. They'll probably cost more to fix than they're worth unless I had a mechanic type friend to help me." Bella smiles slightly, indicating the mechanic type friend is Jacob. I roll my eyes, moving to have my back against the truck instead of my shoulder so I wasn't looking at Jacob. "Right. Me being the mechanic type friend?" "That's right."

I block out the rest of their conversation, turning completely away from them, making myself busy with examining my nails, the chipped polish looks especially interesting. The way he looks at her makes my heart throb, I want to be looked at that way. Jacob steps over beside me, nudging my shoulder. "Move." "Please works well." I snap, moving out of the way. He lifts the bikes out of the bed, staring at me beside Bella the entire time. "Wow, Jacob, you're like... buff." I stare at him, my eyes widening. "How did that happen? You're like, sixteen. I don't get it." Bella chuckles as Jacob looks me up and down. "Age is just a number, baby." He looks at Bella. "What are you, like, forty now?" He smirks.

I busy myself with examining my nails again, my hair hiding my face. As we walk, I look over into the woods, three shirtless guys standing there, watching Jacob crash and burn in his flirting with Bella. I hit Bella's shoulder, pointing to the woods, we look over and they're gone, a single wolf darting away instead of the three guys. "What's your problem?" She scoffs, pushing my hand away. "I literally just saw three people over there." I throw my hands up in the air, rolling my eyes. As we sit inside Jacob's garage, Bella stands up, turning off the radio. "That song's good, you don't like it?" "I don't really like music anymore, kind of." She admits, sitting back down. Jacob continues working with a nod. "Okay. No more music." I watch him intently, I planned on getting a motorcycle of my own at some point, and  I wanna know how to fix it.

Some time goes by, Jacob focuses on Bella and the bike mostly, rarely ever looking at me. I get where he's coming from, I have the shittiest attitude when I talk to him, I don't know why, I just do. A knock on the door is heard and I immediately put my head down because Billy would 100% know my bright red hair. "Yo, Jake, you in there?" A younger male's voice asks as they walk in. Jacob turns to Bella. "It's okay. It's just my boys." "Hey, Jake." Jacob stands, motioning to Bella beside him. "Hey. Guys, this is Bella." I keep my head on my knees, knuckles white from clenching my flannel in my hands so tightly. "And the redhead?" I look up as a boy with long hair nods towards me. Jacob rolls his eyes. "Embry, her."

I puff my cheeks out a bit and nod. "I can see when I'm not welcome." I push myself up, fumbling with the keys. "Call me if you need a ride." I motion to Bella, looking down before walking out. My cheeks heat up as hot tears well in my eyes. "Jake. What the hell?" I hear the boy from before ask, Embry I think, before he comes out. I drop my head, walking faster before his hand wraps around my wrist. "Hey, I'm really sorry about Jake. I don't know why he's being like that but I highly doubt you deserve it." I shrug, pulling my arm away. "Nah, it's cool. I'm fine. I'm just gonna get home." I thumb towards the truck and he nods. "It was nice to meet you..." He trails off, realizing he never got my name. "Elizabeth." "Embry." I reach my hand out and he engulfs it in his own, his thumb running over my knuckles. "See ya around." He walks inside with a smile.