eleven -edited-

a/n: hello again, everyone ! i have returned and will (hopefully) be updating every, maybe every other week :)

After about a week I stopped having to change my bandages every time I moved too much and just every day. I finally talked to dad again, he apologized for getting angry I was hurt and wanted to know if I could come to see him, so Jacob and I hop in the truck and drive to dad's house. Jacob holds my hand as we walk inside, walking just ahead of me. "Hey, Jake-" Bella stops, cutting herself off when she sees Jacob and I's connected hands. "Hey, dad." I smile at him, taking my hand from Jacob's and hugging dad. "Hey, kiddo. You doing okay? Healing nicely?" I nod, lifting my shirt, thankful to finally be without the bandages wrapped tightly around my torso. The thick scabs look gnarly and gross, but better than the deep red gashes.

"Almost healed." I smile as Jacob's warm hands slip around my waist. I admit, he does feel a bit warmer than normal, but I attribute that to his hands being in his pockets. "Hey, Jake, I was wondering if you wanted to come to the movies with me and a few friends?" Bella steps forward, messing with her ring. "Uh, yeah, sure why not." Jacob smiles and drops his hands off of me. "I'm sorry for keeping Jacob from you." I step away from him so his chest isn't against my back, giving Bella the wrong idea. It's clear she likes him, she just won't admit it. I mean, yeah, I like him too, but her boyfriend just up and left and if Jacob is the only thing that makes her happy, I can't just come and steal him from her.

Jacob's smile falters at the corners as I turn to him. "You wanna stay and hang with Bella? I can drive the truck back to your house." That's when dad steps into the conversation. "You're not staying?" "Most of my stuff is at Jacob's. That and I really like being with Billy. He's nice and he enjoys my cooking." I tease, elbowing him. Jacob shrugs. "I'll stay and hang with Bella. Be careful with my truck." I smirk, taking the keys dangling from his finger before sarcastically saluting him. "Will do, Jakey." I taunt turning to dad. "I'll be back this weekend. Promise." He sighs and pulls me against his chest, hugging me tightly. "Call me if you need a ride." I point to Jacob, backing out of the house.

As soon as I get back to Billy's, I go to Jacob's room, curling up in his bed. His scent seems to fill the air and the blankets seem colder without him here. "This is so dumb." I push myself up, muttering under my breath, calling Embry. "Are you busy?" "Elizabeth? No, not busy at all. Do you need something?" I rub the back of my neck, looking at the floor. "Can I hang out with you and the guys? Jacob's with Bella and I miss you." He chuckles and I can practically hear his smile through the phone. "Of course, stupid. Do you need a ride?" "Yeah. I promised Jacob I'd only drive his truck home, not anywhere else." He chuckles again. "I'll be there in a few." "Hurry, I'm bored." "Will do, princess." Embry taunts before hanging up.

I huff, dropping my phone on the bed and pushing myself up. Walking into the living room I see Billy sitting there watching tv. "Afternoon." He smiles, nodding toward me. I smile in return, sitting beside him. "You ate today, Billy?" He shrugs. "Snacked here and there. You making somethin'?" "I sure can." I smile, standing up. "If you weren't planning to you don't have-" I cut him off, shaking my head. "What do you want to eat?" He smiles, shaking his head slightly. "Just a grilled cheese is fine." I walk to the kitchen, two grilled cheese, a bowl of tomato soup, and a beer sit on the small slab of wood being used as a tray as I walk back into the living room. A horn honks just as I sit the tray down. "Leave the dishes on the table, I'll wash them when I get home."

I lean, pressing a kiss on his cheek as he does mine. "Where you headed?" "Out with Embry. I'll be back later." He nods, pointing to me sternly. "You be careful. Quit pissing off wolves." His face holds amusement as I smirk. "Yessir, Mr. Billy sir." I salute him, walking backward to the door. "You're gonna go piss off wolves, aren't you?" Billy challenges as Embry honks the horn again. "You know it!" I call as I run out to Embry's truck. "Hey!" I smile, climbing in. Embry hooks his finger in the belt loop of my jeans, yanking me over to him, and throwing his arm behind my back. "I missed you, stupid." I drop my head to his shoulder as he speaks, pressing my nose against his neck, inhaling his scent. "I missed you too, stupid."

"You're not still too hurt, are you? Me and the guys planned on cliff diving today." He looks over, scanning my entire body over before directing his attention back to the road. "I'm so down. I've never been cliff diving but I'm totally doing it." I smirk, looking over at him. "It's terrifying but it's a total rush." He smiles, quickly pulling up to the rest of the guy's trucks. "You got stuff to swim in?" "Would I ever?" I rhetorically question and he seems to contemplate it before nodding. "True." We walk to the guys hand in hand, Sam scans me over, eyes stopping at my stomach. "I'm fine, Sam. I just wanna jump with you guys." "You got something to swim in?" I motion to my body. "This. Well, what's under this." I shrug.

A more muscular guy behind Sam drops his eyes to my chest. I step forward, snapping in his face. "Eyes are up here, bud." He smirks, eyes raking down my body. "So you getting in your 'swimsuit' or what?" The boy teases. "Only after I make some bets, I need money." I turn to Embry and he pulls out his wallet, pulling a twenty-dollar bill out. "Twenty says you won't jump." "Thirty says I do." The guy from earlier steps forward, also pulling his wallet out. "Fifteen says you won't do it right now." He challenges me as I smirk, taking the bills from both their hands, waiting for Embry to hand me the last ten. I shove the money into my pocket as I pull my jeans off, slipping my shirt over my head.

"You're on." I challenge, dropping backward and saluting them as I do. I resurface, looking up at them. "Told you I would!" Four more splashes and each guy is down here. The muscular guy swims toward me, holding his hand out. "Paul." "Elizabeth." He smiles, pointing to the only guy I hadn't been introduced to. "That's Jared." After a bit of swimming, we walk out of the water, the cold air nipping at my skin harshly. Embry runs over with a smile, wrapping his arms around my waist, and his chest against my back until someone else walks over. "Elizabeth! Can I talk to you?" I turn at hearing my name and my eyes lock with Jacob's. I tell the guys I'll be back before walking to him.